Author Topic: Recent gynecomastia - opinions needed  (Read 3451 times)

Offline amethyst tint

• Posting Member
I've had what I think is gynecomastia for about two months now (side effect of chinese herbal meds, which I took only briefly).

It's developed on both sides of my chest, but my left side is slightly larger (which makes sense, as it was slightly larger than the other side before the condition developed).

I haven't taken any meds for two months. I'm basically planning to wait another 4-6 months, then reassessing the situation, with surgery as a possible option.

Any opinions/comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

http://s854.photobucket.com/albums/ab108/amethys1/

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
I think your chest looks ok. The side views do not show anything nor the front view.

Offline Frank Reynolds

• Posting Member
You have gynecomastia dude.  It seems to be more glandular than fatty tissue, so the only recourse is surgery.  Once your body builds something it tends to keep it around (muscle is a different matter; turns out, muscle is scar tissue!).  Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
Hi amethyst tint-

It looks like you have a little bit of puffiness, but luckily your chest hair disguises it nicely.  Most people wouldn't look at your chest and even notice.  Are you sure they were less puffy before taking the herbal medicine?

And if you wouldn't mind sharing, which herbal meds did you take, and for what purpose?

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
And Frank Reynolds, what on earth do you mean "muscle is scar tissue?"  That is in no way true.

Offline amethyst tint

• Posting Member
Thanks for the comments. For over a month now, I've been confident that I have gynecomastia - my chest was definitely less puffy before (ie, three months ago).

If you're reading this, could you assess my condition on a scale from 0-10 (0=absolutely no gyne, 10=extreme gyne)? I would really appreciate it. I'm trying to get an objective sense of how mild/moderate/severe mine is. It's hard to be objective when it's your own body...

Also, can anyone recommend a first-rate gyne surgeon in the US or Canada? The names Jacobs, Delgado and Bermant seem to come up with regularity on this site. I would like to come up with a short list of the best of the best. 

Offline Frank Reynolds

• Posting Member
Those blokes are all well-liked on this board.  Dr. Fielding is well known in Toronto.  Research cosmetic surgery clinics to get the best surgical results.  Plastic surgeons are trained to consider the 'after' appearance.  Good luck!

Offline bliss9k

• Posting Member
You look ok to me man, but not knowing what you looked like before makes it hard to say. Either way, on a scale from 1-10, I'd give you no more than a 2. I think most guys with Gyne would be happy to end up with a chest like yours. The surgery is expensive and the recovery long, especially given the minimal improvement you would be gettin in return. Just my .02.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg

I'd give a 1/10

Personnal opinion.

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
no way Id mistake your chest for that of a females, so no, I dont think you have gynecomastia.

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
I wouldn't say that he doesn't have it, he just has a very mild case of it, there is a tiny bit of excess gland behind the nipple... however 90+% of people on this forum would be happy living with what you have without having to shoulder the risks of surgery... however if it's affecting your self-esteem or your sex life, etc. etc. it may be worth a consultation with a plastic surgeon to go over your options... beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all.

Offline amethyst tint

• Posting Member
Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm really glad I found this website - it's helped me gain some perspective on my situation, deal with the resulting stress, and get a better sense of my options.

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
I think you have it.. But you have to lose weight 1st.. I think your nipples is too low.  :(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024