Author Topic: Karidis - My story  (Read 2259 times)

Offline jimmmyg

• Posting Member
Hi all,

Had my surgery yesturday, this site has been such a useful tool for me so i thought id do my bit a do a little write-up.

Tuesday morning arrived at Paddington train station at about 9:40am then got a cab to the hospital (costs between £7 - £10) i definitely recommend this as it makes everything so much easier.

Upon arriving at the hospital i reported to the main reception and was told to take a seat and someone would collect me shortly (my admission time was 11am). After 10 mins i was collected & taken to my room, the woman was lovely & really put me at ease. After 15mins Tess popped in & introduced herself & and ran through some paperwork and told me id be going down at about 12:00. At 12:00 Dr. Karidis arrived & took some pictures & drew some marking on my chest. At 13:30 i was taken down and sedated which didnt hurt at all.

I woke up with freezing cold legs shaking like mad which i was told was a common side affect, I also had a sore throat.

After afew blood pressure readings i was taken to my room where i watched TV & had some lunch before Vanessa arrived to talk me through the tablet & dressings etc. I almost choked on the cheese sandwhich as my throat was so dry i could barely swallow.

Between returning to my room and the 6pm i had numerous blood pressure checks to make sure i was recovering ok.

The train ride back was fine (picked up some lockets for my throat) but i was a little tired, definetly wouldnt want to drive home. Was in a little discomfort during the night so i popped some Codamine (Sp?) & i was in and out of sleep from 11pm till 6am when i decided to just get up & watch TV, hoping i will be able to get a better nights sleep tonight with the padding removed.

Everyone i met was really nice & it really put me at ease, shout out to everyone i dealt with as you were all sound.

Going to be taking it easy till monday when i return to work if all is well. If anyone has any questions i will be more than happy to answer them and will be checking this thread throughout the day

Offline jimmmyg

• Posting Member
had a shower at 5pm, OMG that was painful when i removed the plaster off the left nipple the blood/fluid was stick to the wound & the back off the plaster so when i pulled it off it hurt like hell. Oh well thats that sorted for 7 days, checked the lasters a min go and there is a little blood/fluid on them which im guessing is from when i pulled the old ones off and slightly opened the wound.

Feels so much better with just the plasters & compression vest without all the extra padding

Offline kingboob

There is bound to be a little bit of blood on any old dressings and possibly a bit of old blood can coem out of the wound.   But if you get any fresh bleeding or have any worries at all you should get straight on the phone to your surgeon; better to get an expert opinion than worry to death.

Offline jimmmyg

• Posting Member
thanks mate, ill see what the plasters look like tomorrow, if there all red then ill give them a call

*EDIT* checked this morning & the slight blood on the right nipple plaster hasnt got any worse and no blood/fluid has got past the plasters. All is good, sleep was alot better last night.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 03:00:42 AM by jimmmyg »

Offline Nomoregyne

• Bronze Member
Hows the chest looking mate? Happy with the result?

Offline jimmmyg

• Posting Member
yeah im real happy with it, got pecs now

Tight t-shirts here i come  ;D

Offline jimmmyg

• Posting Member
10 days post op now and feeling alot better, nearly have fully movement back and only that odd bit of discomfort every now & again.

after 7 days i removed the plasters that i put on 1 day post op, but changed them for fresh ones. Am i right in assuming that i can just take them off & leave off now?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024