Author Topic: Post Op - Karidis :)  (Read 3004 times)

Offline theman

• Posting Member
Hey everyone!

Thought I'd post about my experiance with Dr. Karidis since this site has been an invaluable resource for me since I first learned about my condition. (I had mild gyne and puffy nipples) I'm over a month Post Op now and am very happy with my results, however it's still early days and still have some recovering to do. :)

My overall surgery experiance was very simular to the other guys who've had their op with Karidis, so I wont go into much detail about that unless anyone wanted me to.  ???

However, I'd be more than happy to answer any specific questions anyone has about the surgery with Karidis :)

I had Gyne since I could remember and after the surgery I can honestly say, it has changed my life for the better, I really couldn't imagine my life with still having gyne, the worries of someone grabbing my chest, or noticing my chest are a thing of the past.

Having gyne has stopped me doing so much in my life, it has caused me a great deal of stress, anxiety and depression; I'm so greatful I dont have it anymore.

If anyone is anxious at all about the idea of getting the sugery, I would like to say the benefits far outweigh the cons of surgery.

Everyone reacts to the recovery process differently, but generally the worst part of it for me was wearing the vest, soreness, trying to sleep on my back, lack of movement and taking the bandages off. The worst of it only lasted about 2/3 weeks, but it's a small price to pay for being gyne free. :)

You are in safe hands with Dr. Karidis and the staff are very friendly and considerate to their patient's needs. He instil's you with confidence from the initial consultation and the nurses have been very helpful when I needed to ring them for any advice over the phone.

The best moment for me so far has been when I'd first tried some T shirts on that I would never have before and looked in the mirror with a huge smile on my face!  ;D

I might post some pre and post op pictures soon.

Good luck to anyone who is about to have surgery or considering it.

Stay strong.

Thanks for reading :)

Post Op :D

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
If anyone is anxious at all about the idea of getting the sugery, I would like to say the benefits far outweigh the cons of surgery.

This sentence makes me considerably less anxious about the process I'm just about to undertake. I just want this frigging nightmare to be over ASAP. Sleeping on your back sounds pretty rough...

But worth it?  ;D

Offline theman

• Posting Member
If anyone is anxious at all about the idea of getting the surgery, I would like to say the benefits far outweigh the cons of surgery.

This sentence makes me considerably less anxious about the process I'm just about to undertake. I just want this frigging nightmare to be over ASAP. Sleeping on your back sounds pretty rough...

But worth it?  ;D

If gyne is causing you a any deal of stress/anxiety/embarrassment, I think it's definitely worth it. I couldn't imagine still having gyne to be honest, and I love not having to worry about it! I cant really stress how much it's made me a happier person.

With Karidis' team, they make you feel at ease, they tell you step by step at the time what will be happening and make sure your always comfortable with what's going on.

As you can see on this forum, there are so many people who are happy with his work and many more posts that will hopefully instill more confidence in you to not worry about it! I recommend you do as much research on the surgery to know exactly what you will be going through.

As for sleeping on your back, I wouldn't worry too much, as eventually it's possible to sleep on your side. However some nights I woke up sleeping on my chest by accident and felt quite sore in the morning. The vest is easily hid under a t shirt, (dark colour tops are probs better to hide the vest.)

Let me know if i can answer any questions, I'd be happy to help :)

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
Did any of your friends/colleagues notice the post-op difference without you telling them?

Offline theman

• Posting Member
Did any of your friends/colleagues notice the postup difference without you telling them?

No one has said anything to me about it, and people who've said things about my chest have stopped. So I guess they can tell something is different.

You have to remember, most people (who dont have gyne) are unaware that this surgery even exists, so they just assume you have been exercising and lost weight and usually wont make a deal of it.

Here's another thread that may help https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21575.0

:)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024