Author Topic: Advice needed: After op questions  (Read 3223 times)

Offline arnica

• Posting Member
Hello everyone,
i have recently had an opp and my chest feels a bit bumpy... i mean its flat alright but when i feel it with my hand its not flat flat.. if u know what i mean. Will it stay like this or will muscle grow in between of the bumps to make it 100% flat?

Also i feel my nipples have lost abit of their senses which feels weird when you tocuh them...is this natural ? did u guys feel the same too?

I am wearing a underworks  vest ...does anyone know what this is actually for ? what does it do? the chest is flat so whats the need for wearing this??

The vest doesn't put any pressure near my arm pits it does put pressure on my nipples and most of my chest but as u go towards my armpits (left and right) the pressure decreases...i'm thinking of adjusting the corners of the vest to make sure it puts enough pressure  on those places as well....u think its a good idea?

Your advice would be much appriciated

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
The bumps may just be scar tissue. You should be massaging to help reduce those - depending how recently you had the op. Muscle won't grow into the gaps! Not even if you are working out! I can feel ridges at the edge of where the gland used to be if I press hard. May be scar tissue again, probably is, but might just be an "edge" to existing fatty tissue. I am trying to lose weight anyway so that should become less of an issue.

Nipples will be numb for quite a while. I'm 5 weeks post op and mine are still numb.

The vest is to help promote healing. It helps the tissues to regenerate. If your chest is moving around constantly you won't get optimal healing. Keep it on for as long as you can would be my advice - I expect to be wearing mine for at least 3 months.

Armpits is a concern of mine. My vest doesn't go near, and I do get a lot of swelling underarm after a while. I'm considering getting another vest which covers the shoulders and upper arms to get some support under the armpits as well.
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline arnica

• Posting Member
Thank you. yes i have been considering getting another vest too because i have swelling and big lumps near my armpits too well its not on my armpits but its a place in between where my chest meets my armpits.
You mentioned that you will be wearing ur vest for a few months but my surgeon told me to wear it for a few weeks...

So what are we going to do about these scar tissues? will they DEFINETLY go away completely? or will i have to live with them? I have been hoping to start  bench pressing in the gym ...are you saying that until these scar tissues are here i won't be able to build up any muscle on my chest?

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
As was said, massaging will help reduce the scar tissue but eventually it should disappear. I wore my vest for about 5 weeks i think, there is no need to wear it any longer than that really, but there is no harm in doing it either.  

Yes you will build chest muscle with scar tissue, i think what was meant is that the muscle wont fill inbetween the tissue, it will just push it all out.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline arnica

• Posting Member
thank you for your replies.
Did you wear it for 5 weeks 24/7 or just when ur going to bed? Because i was told to wear it for a week full time and then when bed time.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
I wore it 24/7 but its a personal choice.  You will know yourself when you feel comfortable enough not to wear it.  It wont hinder your progress wearing it longer so its really up to yourself.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024