Author Topic: URGENT SITUATION - MUST READ!  (Read 2628 times)

Offline superhuman

• Posting Member
Ok guys here's my URGENT situation that I'm kind of stuck in..

So my whole MAIN idea plan was to get gyno surgery done mhmm next week in California... I have the money $7000-8000 USD and am willing to pay that much to get this disgusting thing off my chest. I was a click away from purchasing my flight, hotel etc costs until I had talked to a relative who's older and what not. He came off as saying... "your stupid".

He said normally what people do is go to the gym, try to build as much muscle first and lose weight then go get surgery to get BETTER results. If you go in surgery with the way your going in now, yeah sure you'll have a decreased chest, but they might be 'saggy, hanging' with the extra fat when you do lose more weight after then that might have to reconsider a second surgery. Therefore, you not receiving the best results. Obviously the surgeons in California and wherever in the states are saying do it... they're like any other sales men, if something goes wrong you'll have to pay more for revision surgery.

It's true throughout my life, I havn't really been a dedicated person to the gym so meaning I have not actually once went 4-5 months straight working out and building muscle. What he said kind of did get me thinking, but then again I don't know what to believe I need to make an action soon. I'm not obese or anything, just have like a beer belly type.

The following is not a picture of me but ideally somewhat the stomach looks like imo, but my breasts different and bigger.

http://100percentpeople.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/overweight-man-300x198.jpg

My ideal skinny weight used to be 160 pounds, but now I'm at 190 pounds.

So honestly, help guys I need an honest opinion from all you since many of you guys are knowledgabe and I want to do what's right and help me save the money and 'bad/good results'.

Will me proceeding with the procedure mess up the results and then me losing weight later on change everything and might have to do reconsider surgery.
Should I wait and actually start working out, building muscle, losing weight and then get surgery.

I have not met a surgeon locally or in person, and majority of them said for me it's a 'gland' ..and the following procedure will be done

- lip/excision/and 'donut procedure'

What are your guy's thoughts on all this?!
Save me :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 01:35:40 PM by superhuman »

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Welcome to gyne.org.

Without some pictures of your chest and upper body, it's hard to give advice with any degree of certainty.  Therefore, I'll just make some general statements.  You didn't say how tall you are or what your BMI is.  Try this link to get your BMI. 

http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/a/after_weight_loss/bmi_calculator.html

In general, the plastic surgeons that make comments and answer questions here urge overweight people to get as close as they can to their ideal weight prior to having gynecomastia surgery.  It simply produces the best results.  Neither the doctor or patient want results that neither is happy with.  So being in the appropriate weight range helps ensure that the surgery is as successful as it can be and looks as good as it can look.  And that comes from the doctors who do the surgery, not from me.  So if you're overweight, and especially if you have a BMI in the OBESE category, it might be best for you to lose some weight and hold off on surgery. 

However, that's NOT to say that all the people the plastic surgeons do gyne surgery on are all within their recommended weight range.  Of course they aren't.  But for the best results, you don't want to go into surgery being "excessively" fat.  Any prospective surgeon should also give you their opinion on this matter.  If they think it would produce better results if you lost some weight, they should say so.

Good luck.

Offline superhuman

• Posting Member
I appreciate your reply.

I did my calculation...

as I am 5'11, 190 pounds

I came up to be 26.5 in the 25.0 - 29.9 BMI (Overweight) category

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
It certainly doesn't sound like you would be someone who would need to put off the surgery to lose more weight.  You're close to being in the "normal weight" category...you only need to lose 12 pounds.  So I wouldn't think that would have any adverse effect on the results of your surgery.  But to be sure, I'd just ask the doc. 

Offline superhuman

• Posting Member
Alright, well thanks for the reply once again...

My last concern now is....

will doing the donut procedure at the same time as my liposuction/excisson removal be an appropiate time to do so? I was told from a different surgeon he would do it at the same time, but then again from another I was told that he would do it if needed later on after post-op 6 months just so it doesn't interfere with the swelling and bruising. Uh, these surgeons are not only great people, but great sales pitchers! What is the correct method, if anyone has done it before?!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024