Author Topic: Getting it done on NHS  (Read 1521 times)

Offline bluenose1

Finally getting the surgery on the 12th of january. The whole process from first going to the GP to getting the surgery has taken around 5 months. during this time, i had numerous blood tests, trips to the GP, physician etc. mostly to find out if there was any underlying condition which has caused this. ie hormonal imbalance, chromosome tests etc but nothing. no problems. physician told me i was perfectly normal apart from the extra fatty/breast tissue from losing quite abit of weight and also possible being a 'slow starter' during early puberty. therfore the only way to get rid of this problem would be surgery. im not expecting to come out surgery with a chest like arney, im just happy to see it gone to be honest haha it feels weird knowing that in a weeks time my life is gonna be completely different. ive been so hung up and self concious about it for so long that i cant actually remember having a normal looking chest. just cant wait to have it done now.

Offline manboobs2010

• Posting Member
Hi mate, happy to hear your moobs are going to be a thing of the past!

I'm currently going down the NHS route and i am going to see the surgeon who will be doing my op on the 18th of Jan for the first time! How long did it take from meeting your surgeon to getting your surgery date? I first went to my gp at the start of september so has taken around 3 months up until now.

How are you feeling about the whole NHS op? Who is doing your operation and have you heard any feedback about him?

Thanks m8

Offline Monkeymonk2011

• Posting Member
Wow reading this has really struck me! I went to my doctor about my problem but he said its purely cosmetic therefore you'll have to go privately he even gave me details of somebody who deals with it. I don't understand I expressed how it affected my psychologically big time, so much so that I would not remove my t-shirt, i always wore heavy garments on top and it affected my posture big time. Why did i not get notified about this NHS route? I was younger i must say believe i saw him when I was 18, now 21 and have had a procedure done privately am still just as upset with the outcome. Do I have a case? I saw a new doctor about this he tested my hormone levels everything was fine, nothing really went on from there.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024