Author Topic: Question: If the surgery goes wrong...  (Read 2984 times)

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
... I'm likely to be undergoing surgery with Dr. Karidis at some stage in the future, but what happens if the surgery disfigures you in some way, for example, if one nipple is concave compared to the other? If a new operation is needed to correct the problem, would Dr, Karidis fund this; or would you have to shell out several more thousand pounds yourself?

Offline thetodd

He'd try and correct it, but in short it wouldn't be free.

What they say is Karidis himself doesn't charge for his service, but the hospital do so depending on what revision is being performed it could cost from £300ish-£2k?. So say for a small revision it can be done in one of their own rooms not an operating theater and there would be a local anesthetic compared to a general where the anesthetist would have to be paid. But an operation like skin removal would need an operating theater and it would be a general anesthetic so the prices would be much higher

This is the difference between Levick and Karidis, since Levick doesn't charge anything for revisions and that includes the hospital fees which i think (kingboob would know) its totally free!

I actually wanted to have a revision with Karidis and went for him to examine me, he basically told me that it was in my head and that the small size difference was to do with the right being my dominate side. After that i started using dumbells more and focused more on getting good form lifting and its helped no end. And just seeing him sort of cleared my mind and put me at ease. Gyne is a psychological thing aswell so you will need to address this after your op

If you haven't got a C+ cup and your fairly young, then you shouldn't need more than one operation i haven't seen a thread about karidis revision yet (accept for me getting a bit paranoid!). If you look in my thread in my sig there's a lad called AS400 have a look at his surgery id say that was a pretty severe case of gyne and it was removed all in on operation!

-Todd
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
Thanks for the reply, thetodd.

'Revision' is a concern of mine because it's my elderly father who's lending me the cash for the operation and if something goes wrong I'd hate to ask him for another £2000. This is the only thing causing me to slightly doubt Karidis. The initial expense of Levick and Karidis are almost the same... But if anything went wrong - which it does in a small minority of cases - Levick would be free.

All things considered I'm leaning more towards Karidis, simply because he has a slightly better reputation for this kind of operation. I'm booked up to see him on Monday so I'll keep you guys posted.

Yes gynecomastia is a psychological condition and it's a pain in the ass. It caused me to suffer from such acute agoraphobia that I could barely leave the house for five years. I'm a lot better now; well enough to work again, but I still suffer the daily stress, which I need not bother explaining to you!  ;)

Offline kingboob

It depends on the surgeon and hospital policy.    Many surgeons will not charge a surgical fee for a revision, however many hospitals will charge for a second use of the facilities..... as already stated, that can be anywhere from a few hundred to a couple of thousand really.

The hospital Levick uses have a 1 year guarantee policy which is stated within the fixed price package paperwork you get before admission........ basically if the results are not satisfactory and the surgeon believes that he can improve the situation then you get the revision free of all charges. 

This obviously provides peace of mind should anything terrible happen.  However, judging by what I have witnessed from other members on this board, I do wonder if it may lead to certain people pushing for a revision either too early on in the healing process or when one isn't really necessary.  I mean you are likely to accept a 90% improvement as a good outcome if you know you are going to have to cough up another 2k!......... but,  if you think it is free then maybe you will push hard for a revision when really things would be best left alone.   

I wonder if thetodd would back me up here....... Todd,  would you have been as happy to take no for an answer and  go away and do more gym work if you knew the revision would have been free?   

Anyway... a revision shouldn't really be required unless you have a very bad case of moobs in the first place..... and if that is the case then any decent surgeon will tell you straight up that one operation can't fix everything all in one go.

Offline thetodd

if the revision was free, and it was more local at the time i would have pretty much insisted that i wasnt happy and had it done

and im glad i couldnt do that because now its worked out for the better! This is where i think Levick gets himself into more un-needed revisions because you get people like me striving for perfection, which you ultimatley cant get without a huge amount of dedication in the gym.

Im noticing more Levick patients are emerging now, albeit with no pictures but hopefully that will change there should always be a choice and the forums has pretty much been Karidis exclusivley hopefully this will mean a bit more choice for people.

Offline vegasgo

• Posting Member
I had surgery with Karidis in November. Though I'm 'flat' there is some creasing and excess skin. Need to shift a bit more weight until the final results are clear, though the chances are I will need revision with Karidis, either skin removal or fat transfer to plump things out a bit. I saw him recently for a follow up. Not sure of the costs, probably the hospital fee only - should only require local anesthetic.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024