Author Topic: Considering a revision  (Read 3101 times)

Offline JohnDoe80

• Posting Member
I had surgery over 3 months ago. I had a mild bilateral condition, the only real issue was the "puffy nipple" affect. All went well and I was happy with the results for a few weeks.
However it seems my nipples insist on protruding. Although nowhere near as bad as it was before surgery, its still visible through any thin clothing.
I was very clear with the surgeon about the results I was expecting and he was extremely confident he would meet them.
I specifically mentioned how the results would look in motion and he was very,very clear that there would be no issues (there are big issues with how they look in motion).
He showed me a large selection of photos documenting his past surgery's that were very encouraging, funny how my results are nowhere near the standard of the photos he showed me.

I have a follow up appointment in 3 days, Iv been debating what Im going to do.
He is obviously going to tell me some bs along the lines of "those are great results, don't worry champ!"
This is not the result we discussed. I am not willing to fork out more money for revision, I paid enough the first time (expensive, "prestigious" surgeon).
If he is not willing to do revision surgery free of charge, I'm going to feel extremely ripped off.
Obviously I will post pictures in the next few days, as-well as the name of the surgeon and practice if they do not cover costs.

Then there is the matter of the waver, I cant remember the exact conditions of the waver, however Im sure all PS would be smart enough to have their patients sign them. I did not. Somehow they never attempted to get me to sign it again and forgot about the issue. Could this be my lucky bargaining chip?

DrBermant

I had surgery over 3 months ago. I had a mild bilateral condition, the only real issue was the "puffy nipple" affect. All went well and I was happy with the results for a few weeks.
However it seems my nipples insist on protruding. Although nowhere near as bad as it was before surgery, its still visible through any thin clothing.
I was very clear with the surgeon about the results I was expecting and he was extremely confident he would meet them.
I specifically mentioned how the results would look in motion and he was very,very clear that there would be no issues (there are big issues with how they look in motion).
He showed me a large selection of photos documenting his past surgery's that were very encouraging, funny how my results are nowhere near the standard of the photos he showed me.

I have a follow up appointment in 3 days, Iv been debating what Im going to do.
He is obviously going to tell me some bs along the lines of "those are great results, don't worry champ!"
This is not the result we discussed. I am not willing to fork out more money for revision, I paid enough the first time (expensive, "prestigious" surgeon).
If he is not willing to do revision surgery free of charge, I'm going to feel extremely ripped off.
Obviously I will post pictures in the next few days, as-well as the name of the surgeon and practice if they do not cover costs.

Then there is the matter of the waver, I cant remember the exact conditions of the waver, however Im sure all PS would be smart enough to have their patients sign them. I did not. Somehow they never attempted to get me to sign it again and forgot about the issue. Could this be my lucky bargaining chip?

I see many patients unhappy with residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia Complication after surgery done elsewhere. So many that I actually named the condition and created resources explaining my findings for this problem. Check out the posts here about a similar issue of projecting nipples after surgery:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21491.msg145526;topicseen#msg145526

This is an art form. Not all surgeons have the same skills. Check before and after surgery pictures and better yet movies to understand just how well a surgeon sculpts this problem.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
As a general principle with all scars the collagen in the wound increases for the first month so even for a mole excision the scar gets redder and firmer for 4-6 weeks then softens and fades,so things typically tend to improve with time. If things are improving I would suggest "you ride the horse as far as it will take you."  There are several things that can be done to nudge things along if this is not the case  but without any more specifics its tough to say anything more.
Jay Pensler,MD
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline JohnDoe80

• Posting Member
The before and after photos shown to me showed flawless results that had no "Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia Complication".
However this is very clearly what I have. I had my appointment. The doctor took no notice and laughed it off as expected.
It is very clear that time will not heal anything here, the surgeon completely failed what he was so dogmatically confident he could fix.
His failure to even acknowledge the issue is the most worrying part.
As expected I feel extremely ripped off. I was very careful selecting my doctor, I was very clear with my expectations in all pre-surgery conversations. I was very meticulous looking through dozens of his patients photo's. I really do not know what to do from here, I cannot afford another surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024