Author Topic: Here we go again... Revision Surgery  (Read 2456 times)

Offline GynoWarrier

Hey guys,

So around 11 months ago i went in for gynecomastia surgery, liposuction only. This is because my PS could not feel the gland until i went for a check up a week ago. I was quite sure since the start that i did have gland (puffy nipples) though even i had trouble feeling it. This is because a few years ago i lost alot of weight which left me with loose skin (Not too bad), now with this loose skin on top of the gland, the gland is not on the tip of my skin but a little inside.

I am going back for revision surgery in two weeks but am scared that he might take too much gland out and with my excess skin there might be a crater deformity or a bit of saggy skin. However my skin has contracted since my first surgery and only since the contraction have i been able to feel the gland more easily. One thing to point out is that my nipple is slightly indented from the middle. According to my surgeon he will get ALL the gland out. From what i have read a bit of gland has to be left to prevent crater deformity or inverted nipples, however someplaces it says inverted nipples are caused by remaining gland. I am not so sure about this surgery as this would be my second time round and i would want this to be my final one.

Even experienced surgeons go wrong in many cases, could someone help me out with how much gland needs to be left behind or whether all of the gland should be take out. Cause people go wrong with taking too much or not taking out too much. One more thing, would bench press and other chest exercises fill in the crater if I do experience crater deformity at the end of the day. I feel not taking enough out would be worse than taking all of it out. PLEASE HELP ME!!

Thanks alot for you help and i hope to hear from you guys

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There is truly an art to doing gyne surgery -- and the first operation is usually your best opportunity to get a good result.

Now that you are facing revision surgery, it becomes a process in which you must have faith in your surgeon.  Obviously you should discuss your concerns (including the possibility and avoidance of cratering) with him/her, but it is not appropriate for you to instruct your surgeon as to how much to take or leave -- that is his sole responsibility. 

BTW, if cratering were to occur, no amount of chest exercise will improve it.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024