Author Topic: after some advice.  (Read 1703 times)

Offline manboobhays

Hi, sorry to bother you all. Im after some advice regarding my 'condition' and how to go about finally getting it sorted.

It first started when I was around 13/14, thats when I first noticed 'puffiness' in my nipples. Since then, if I've had to go to my GP I'd mention it to him. His response would simply be ' its nothing to worry about, it will go away on its own in a few years'. I've been sitting out these 'few years', but if anything they are larger than back then.

I've had a look around this website and from what I gather, my problem is mainly glandular tissue. Im physically very fit due to training for a future career choice (military), so I don't have much bodyfat. When I grab hold of the excess tissue, its quite a large amount of tissue and it feels almost rubbery (firm).

Here are some pictures: ( add 'h' to the beginning, Im unable to post web links?)
  ttp://img141.imageshack.us/i/dscf2648b.jpg/
  ttp://img691.imageshack.us/i/dscf2649w.jpg/
  ttp://img859.imageshack.us/i/dscf2654.jpg/

Unless someone states otherwise, I'm assuming this will not magically dissappear on its own. Therefore I'm looking for advice on what steps to take from here in. I'm not comfortable with my body (swimming ,girls , taking top off, even just wearing t shirts!) and its starting to get me down.

Would it be advisable to ask my GP to perform a blood test on me, to check my hormone levels?
How much would surgery cost ?
What kind of results could I expect?
Which surgeon in the UK is generally reccommended?
How long after surgery would I be able to continue training? ( running, pressups etc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Offline thetodd

Would it be advisable to ask my GP to perform a blood test on me, to check my hormone levels?

I dont think your GP would be able to do that, youd need to get reffered to an endo depends if you want to go down the NHS route or not

How much would surgery cost ?

£4k-4300

What kind of results could I expect?

Good depending on the surgeon

Which surgeon in the UK is generally reccommended?

Alex Karidis or Paul Levick are the popular ones. Personally id reccomend Karidis if you can afford it

How long after surgery would I be able to continue training? ( running, pressups etc)

think its three weeks, you wont be able to train properly for a while realistically because its quite sore
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
I just got my GP to check my testosterone levels, my thyroid (t3 &t4 free levels) and red blood count, but i think you will need to get more specific tests done that Karidis needs as they told me i would need additonal tests to the results i already have

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024