Author Topic: Some advice  (Read 4211 times)

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Hey Guys, I've had mild gyne since I went through puberty and it's always stayed, im 31, have taken my body fat right down in the past to 11 - 12% hoping it would somehow rid me of these moobs, but alas, as you all know, the fat goes but the puffy nipps stay and knowing how to look for glands now i've realised there is only 1 way that i will be able to live a "normal" life and buy clothes i have swerved my whole life!

i've been onto Dr. Karidis surgery this morning to get some info, £75 consultation fee, £2690 Karidis fee, £1483 Hospital fee. They can get me in for a consultation in April and operated in May.

The question I really have for you guys that have had the surgery is this: We are due our second child in June, how will I be 1 month after surgery? I can't be a hinderance to my wife by being out of action...am i going to be in unable to lift things like prams, car seats etc etc a month after the surgery?
Have any of you guys headed back home on the train on your own after surgery? Do I need the wife there to get me home or should I be ok to go home alone come 5pm at discharge time?

If I am, I dont mind waiting until after the summer if necessary...just give me the scoop if you dont mind so i can make a plan?

Thanks chaps!!

When I go ahead I'll happily take photos before and after for everyone, but I'm just on the fact finding mission at the moment so would appreciate any help.

Offline howdo?

• Posting Member
Hi there, I was back at work about 10 days after surgery with Paul Levick and driving and gingerly lifting things e.t.c., but I guess everybody is different, I've read that the Karadis technique is less invasive because of the nipple incision, so you may even recover faster than that. Having said that, the first week was fairly tough, even getting clothes on and off e.t.c so I relied somewhat on my girlfriend to look after me, your wife may not really appreciate that, being 8 months pregnant!...I would say it's not impossible but you might be cutting it a little fine....best of luck and let us know how you get on.....

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Thanks for replying mate. I dont think she would mind helping me get dressed even though shes 8 months preggers, but i think there would be problems if i couldnt carry out my job as a dad due to having "beauty" surgery lol
shes totally cool with me getting it done and is really supportive, i just know i need to be able to step up and carry shopping, car seats, bath the kids, prams yadda yadda yadda...if im likley to be fine 4 / 5 weeks after the surgery to carry out daily jobs even if it is slightly sore i dont mind, i would hate to be unable to do much as then i could see her getting stressed with me

Hopefully some others can give me their opinions too :) :)

Offline ad21

• Bronze Member
I'm 4 days post op with karidis.... I drove into my local town this morning to go to tesco...  Just been taking it easy at home.  I would say so far the hardest day was day 1/2 when your in most pain.  But its nothing major!  Im due to go back to work on monday which will be 9 days post op

Offline thetodd

Youl be fine looking after the baby, after the first week i was pottering around its just hard to lift your hands up in the air id imagine after a month it should be fine. If youve got the cash then id say go for it but id steer you towards karidis as personally ive seen the best results from him go for a consultation and see what you think.

You dont want it in the summer wearing the vests is a complete bastard in the searing heat, i had it in May and it was bad enough june/july would have had me climbing up the wall. Id be carefull comming back on the train on your own personally i wouldnt do it but ive seen plenty that have and havent had problems. Id get a taxi from StJohns to the station the tube is a complete nightmare at rush hour

AD21 has had a quality result with puffy nips so his result will give ya a good idea of what to expect
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Thanks guys, appreciate all the info.

I'm toying with a couple of ideas at the moment. 1 is to get myself booked in for a consultation ASAP and then get surgery done 1st week of May as thats when they had some next openings
The 2nd idea is waiting until after the summer has come and gone and the family situation is a little calmer and losing some weight then going in and getting it done.

I want to take option 1 and get the Operation done but i kinda feel that i need to shift about 10kgs first too. Really confuddled at what to do at the moment  ???

Offline kingboob

Have you got an diet or exericise tips for achieving that type of result?

I was extremely overweight previously - got down to a OK weight (still overweight though), now for the last few years my weight has hovered around the 17 to 20st area;  currently at 19.5st ish. 

Ideally I would like to get to about 15st which I think would be ideal for my height and build (6ft 5.5 & large frame),  but maintaining the motivation and discipline is tough. 

I don't understand how people find the dedication to get really lean - for me once I got away from being grossly obese I lost a lot of motivation to get myself leaner.

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Hey Kingboob,

The trick is really in eating just the right amount you need for the day and no extra. The way i used to think of it was my body is similar to a car and needed fuel (petrol) to get from A -2-B and its all about eating just enough so you have no surplus fuel slopping around the tank.

The motivation to get lean just came as I wanted to really try and see if i could get rid of my moobs once and for all, so i mentally prepared myself for a 6 month long haul of strict diet and gym 5x a week and the weight literally fell off. i would step on the scales every week and write down my weight. buy one of the muscle and fitness magazines, they give you weekly diets to stick too. I did just that, copied their diets until I leart which were the right foods to eat and when to eat them and then started making my own meal plans.

Rough idea is something like this

8.30am Breakfast would be couple of slices of toast with low fat spread and marmite
snack around 11am would be sardines or mackrel on toast
hit the gym at 12.30 (mixture of cardio and weights, keeping my heart rate high, bought a heart rate monitor)
come back from the gym and hit a protein shake with water (1.30)
I would shower and make a turkey breast / chicken breast & salad sandwich - cut it in half, have half now around 2pm
4pm the other half of my sandwich and a piece of fruit
5.30pm i would walk my dogs for 45 mins on top of the gym
7pm chicken breast either stir fried, or cooked with peppers and put in a wrap (fajita style), or with broccolli and veg
10pm protein shake with water and maybe some cottage cheese to snack on if my belly was rumbling like mad

I would try and curb all carbs from about 4pm unless my body was telling me i needed to eat some, then it would be sweet potato or brown rice and only a small amount

every saturday i would have a "cheat meal", something like a small pizza and chips, or chicken kiev & chips, anything really, i never went stupid, but i was pretty liberal

It's all about mindset if im honest (for me anyway), if you dont want to do it, you will find reasons not to do it, but if you are determined, then nothing really stops you  ;D

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Just to add guys, i've taken the first step....I'm booked in to see Karidis in a few weeks :)

Nervous but massively excited

Offline ad21

• Bronze Member
Hey Kingboob,

The trick is really in eating just the right amount you need for the day and no extra. The way i used to think of it was my body is similar to a car and needed fuel (petrol) to get from A -2-B and its all about eating just enough so you have no surplus fuel slopping around the tank.

The motivation to get lean just came as I wanted to really try and see if i could get rid of my moobs once and for all, so i mentally prepared myself for a 6 month long haul of strict diet and gym 5x a week and the weight literally fell off. i would step on the scales every week and write down my weight. buy one of the muscle and fitness magazines, they give you weekly diets to stick too. I did just that, copied their diets until I leart which were the right foods to eat and when to eat them and then started making my own meal plans.

Rough idea is something like this

8.30am Breakfast would be couple of slices of toast with low fat spread and marmite
snack around 11am would be sardines or mackrel on toast
hit the gym at 12.30 (mixture of cardio and weights, keeping my heart rate high, bought a heart rate monitor)
come back from the gym and hit a protein shake with water (1.30)
I would shower and make a turkey breast / chicken breast & salad sandwich - cut it in half, have half now around 2pm
4pm the other half of my sandwich and a piece of fruit
5.30pm i would walk my dogs for 45 mins on top of the gym
7pm chicken breast either stir fried, or cooked with peppers and put in a wrap (fajita style), or with broccolli and veg
10pm protein shake with water and maybe some cottage cheese to snack on if my belly was rumbling like mad

I would try and curb all carbs from about 4pm unless my body was telling me i needed to eat some, then it would be sweet potato or brown rice and only a small amount

every saturday i would have a "cheat meal", something like a small pizza and chips, or chicken kiev & chips, anything really, i never went stupid, but i was pretty liberal

It's all about mindset if im honest (for me anyway), if you dont want to do it, you will find reasons not to do it, but if you are determined, then nothing really stops you  ;D

A good example of a diet plan mate to get lean! 

I would also like to add in lots of essential fatty acids for example supplementing with cod liver oil, green veg eg brocali and when in the gym keeping rep ranges higher around 12-15 reps on 65% of your heavy lifts.

Im about to start planning my summer cutting diet and training plan atm...will post it up when im done and you can use it. 

CHOPPER...you look mad ripped at 79kg bro :) May i ask how tall you are?  bet you would look insane that ripped at 90kg :)

Offline kingboob

Hey Kingboob,

Thanks for that.

I think my exercise is OK.  Basically I need to sort out the diet.  I'm a bit of a chocolate addict to be honest.  I think if I cut out chocolate completely I would already be losing weight without doing anything else.

I seem to get a mid afternoon dip in energy which has me heading for chocolate/sweets etc.    Either that or I eat junk when I'm stressed....... I need to get on top of that again.  

I might try replacing the junk with fruit (bananas are a favorite) as obviously I still get the sugar fix from the fruit but less fat/calories and more fibre/vitamins/minerals etc..... also reducing the carbs in general and heading for more protein based meals looks like it is the way to go.

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Kingboob, try this if you havent already.

swap all your white bread for wholemeal, all your white rice for brown, all your white potatoes to sweet potatoes and all your sugar to fruit sugar.

i used to have similar up's and downs when i was eating processed and suggary foods. my body takes about 2 weeks to fully adapt, but once i'm off the "whites" and processed sugars and back onto wholmeal / wholgrain and fruit sugars my body doesnt get tired and have those 4pm crash spots where i dig for something suggary to give me that instant energy burst.

i like analogys, they help my simple mind LOL...i think of white breads, rices, sugars etc as like burning a piece of paper, they burn fast and furious, but leave a lot of mess behind and go out quickly...i liken complex carbs to a tallow candle, they burn slow and constant without a big raging flame and a lot of mess...

if you can tidy up your diet and change to complex carbs (if you havent already) then see how you feel in 2 weeks and see how your body looks. it could just be my body, but i see results quite quickly when i change my diet around.

Offline matt chaos

• Posting Member
Hey kingboob, my belief is that sugar is the biggest thing in losing weight. And it's everywhere!! Check your breakfast cereal, your sauces, even things that seem healthy might have loads of sugar. If you can cut most of it out the weight will fall off.

I read an article once that hit home that said that if you eat sugar then it encourages your body to store carbohydrates as fat. I eat loads of pasta and bread so I definitely don't want that going on!

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Just to add guys, i've taken the first step....I'm booked in to see Karidis in a few weeks :)

Nervous but massively excited

change that, i'm booked in to see Karidis for my consultation next week, I managed to get it brought forward. HAPPY DAYS! All being well I should be under the knife in May ready to enjoy summer like i've never done before.

can't wait. cash is sorted, consultation is sorted, all i need to do is go through the motions and confirm a date for the surgery and i'm good to go...

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Great thread mate, some very inspirational pics for people wanting to loose a few pounds !!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024