Author Topic: Miami  (Read 9549 times)

miamivice

I'm looking for a decent surgeon in the Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale area, I suffer from puffy nipples. Thanks

miamivice

I'm looking for a decent surgeon in the Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale area, I suffer from puffy nipples. I had UAL performed on my chest by a seasoned surgeon who was obviously clueless when it comes to gynecomastia. Hes offered to perform a revision on me for cost of anesthesia and operating room, but I told him I think gland is what's causing my puffiness and this time around we should remove gland his response to that was hes afraid of possible nipple cave-in/ crater( which to me says this guy isn't confident in himself, not a good sign). I'm willing to blow the extra cash on a good surgeon in my area and get this gyno sh*t behind me and move on with my life, this sh*t has consumed too much of my life as is it's time to get it fixed and move on.  Thanks

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are now looking for a surgeon who does revision surgery.  I do not personally know of anyone in your area, but you should consider Dr. Pope in Orlando.

BTW, it is interesting that you had UAL and had unsatisfactory results -- many people who originally espoused UAL said it was particularly effective for gyne.  As you can see, that is absolutely not true.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

miamivice

Thanks for the reply Doc, I think the UAL could have been effective but my surgeon was too conservative as he told me before surgery its better to take too little out than too much cause we can always go back in and takeout more but the problem with that its not free to go back in despite not charging me surgeon fee for the revision the cost is still $1800 for operating room and anesthesia. I rather add a few thousand to his revision cost and get the revision done else where as he has pissed me off with his conservative approach to my chest work. Before choosing him i went to over 6 surgeons and they all agreed that my issue could be resolved with some form of lipo as none of the six could feel excessive amount of gland in my pecs but long behold I had lipo and my nipples are still puffy so I'm thinking neither one of these six surgeons know what they're talking about. I'm still up in the air about whether I'll have my revision done by my original surgeon as he has agreed to remove gland but is weary about nipple depression, Docs what do y'all think I should move on to another surgeon or allow my current to do the revision? Help.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I'm still up in the air about whether I'll have my revision done by my original surgeon as he has agreed to remove gland but is weary about nipple depression, Docs what do y'all think I should move on to another surgeon or allow my current to do the revision? Help.

This is a tough decision.  Based on money alone, you will have a better deal with the original surgeon.  Based on your faith in that surgeon (as you have described), you might be better going in a different direction -- to a doc who is skilled at secondary surgery.  There is no right or wrong -- the decision is yours and yours alone.

As for the other six docs who could not feel excessive gland -- I have always stated that even with my experienced hands, I cannot tell (prior to surgery) how much gland/fat is present until I am actually in surgery.  Thus the decision for gland excision is always deferred until the middle of surgery -- it is never decided upon ahead of time.

Dr Jacobs

miamivice

Thanks for the reply Doc and I agree with based on my confidence in my current surgeon I probably should move on but the problem with that is I can't find any doctors in my area that seem to have a clue as to how to resolve gyno it seems like they all believe lipo is the solution. Miami surgeons where are y'all at.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry I can't help you in Florida.  Although I do have my Florida license, I do not operate there as yet.

Try Dr. Pope in Orlando or some fine docs in Atlanta.  If you wish, you may also consider me in New York -- and combine your trip with a vacation in the Big Apple!

Dr Jacobs

DrBermant

I'm looking for a decent surgeon in the Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale area, I suffer from puffy nipples. I had UAL performed on my chest by a seasoned surgeon who was obviously clueless when it comes to gynecomastia. Hes offered to perform a revision on me for cost of anesthesia and operating room, but I told him I think gland is what's causing my puffiness and this time around we should remove gland his response to that was hes afraid of possible nipple cave-in/ crater( which to me says this guy isn't confident in himself, not a good sign). I'm willing to blow the extra cash on a good surgeon in my area and get this gyno sh*t behind me and move on with my life, this sh*t has consumed too much of my life as is it's time to get it fixed and move on.  Thanks

This question has been asked before on this forum:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=20020.msg138460;topicseen#msg138460

It takes certain techniques to remove gland and not leave a crater. That is why looking for actual before and after pictures is so important in seeing just what that doctor offers. Here is another post here about gland removal with liposuction:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21136.msg143473;topicseen#msg143473

with my extended discussion about what I have seen with patients unhappy after ultrasonic and sharp cutting cannula surgery done elsewehere. I have seen so many unhappy patients with residual deformity after liposuction alone techniques that I came up with a name for this condition: Puffy Nipple Complication After Gynecomastia Surgery:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21332.msg144631;topicseen#msg144631

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

Offline Steve Dell

• Posting Member
I'm looking for a decent surgeon in the Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale area, I suffer from puffy nipples. Thanks

There was a magazine I look at during a flight on America Airlines listed top doctors in their class. For plastic surgeon, Michael Kelly in Kendall Florida was listed as being one of the best in the country.

I would recommend you give him a try based in this information and maybe you can let us know what happens. 

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Doing research for a plastic surgeon is essential.  However, you must be aware of something.  That is, the power of advertising.

Dr Kelly is probably a fine surgeon.  I do not know him at all.  However, I do know about the page in American Airlines magazine.  It is, quite simply, an advertisement.  I know because I was approached by them to be THE TOP PLASTIC SURGEON IN NEW YORK.

Let me tell you the criteria for the ad.  Yes, you have to be Board Certified in your specialty and yes, you have to be listed by Castle-Connolly as a top doctor in a region.  Castle-Connolly makes its determinations independently -- one cannot buy one's way into Castle-Connolly.  I have both of those credentials.  Yet, I did not feel like shelling out a huge amount of money to advertise myself in American Airlines magazine as THE top doc in NY.  If I had, though, it would give readers the impression that l was.  In fact, there is no one TOP DOC in any city -- there are lots of excellent docs.

With all that said, I am sure Dr Kelly is an excellent surgeon.  But does he have sufficient interest and experience in gyne surgery?  Does he have a large collection of before/after GYNE photos?  Check him out and ask him those questions.

Do your homework!

Dr Jacobs

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Miamivice,

If you are up to a trip to Orlando (not that far from you), I would be happy to see you in consultation.  I appreciate Dr. Jacobs' kind recommendation.  I perform gynecomastia surgery very frequently, and I excise glandular tissue in just about every gyne patient. 

Feel free to call my office at 407-857-6261 at your convenience.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

DrBermant

Its me again, ... He seems to have a few gyno pics on his site. Hes even got a few pec implant pics.

Pictures alone do not say the entire story for male chest contour. While flexing and arms up overhead  pictures are critical in evaluating gynecomastia and surgical sculpture, Pectoral Implants are in a league by themselves. Try to find a video of how pectoral implants look while playing sports and activities. The implant does not contract nor move like muscles. I find it fascinating that when looking for such videos in the search engines, all you can seem to find from those advocating the technique are movies of still pictures. But you should see them in real life! That is why I do not offer that option. I prefer my patients comfortable playing sports, swimming, bodybuilding, and enjoying the motion of the chest. I have yet to see the implant that has achieved that goal.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024