Author Topic: Surgery completed with Levick 11/05/2011 (now with pics)  (Read 19165 times)

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
hey guys,
Had my op at 4pm on Wednesday.
Little bit sore and tender, pretty bruised but nothing too bad :D
Paul Levick and the staff at the Priory in Birmingham were all fantastic.

Will write up a full account of the op etc once I recover a bit more.
Banage is tight and pissing me off, haven't seen my chest yet, gotta wait till weds/ thurs next week to take bandage off.

Getting plenty of arnica and pineapple down at the moment and chilling.
Post op pics will follow soon as I can get them done.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:48:37 PM by somedude999 »

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Good stuff mate. I had a look at my chest today, didnt have much fat there in the first place but karidis has stripped all the fat off. Will have alot of healing to come but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Good stuff mate. I had a look at my chest today, didnt have much fat there in the first place but karidis has stripped all the fat off. Will have alot of healing to come but I think it will be worth it in the long run.
Thanks mate.
It will be well worth it long term, I'm sure we're gonna go through ups and downs results wise over the next 6 months but we just gotta carry on with life and let our bodies heal up.

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Quick update, feeling MUCH better.
Had couple mates over last night and we had some pizza and chilled. Slept about 9 hours last night.
Feeling much less sore and tender now, up and about on the computer etc etc

Bandages annoying the shit out of me still though lol, cutting into me on my back. 4 more days then I can take them off  ;D

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Feeling fighting fit today, been out most of the day shopping and round a mates house.
Much less tender and I am regaining arm mobility etc.

3 more days of bandages  :D

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Look forward to your write up, as Levick is pretty much on my doorstep which would be more convenient than Karadis as i'd be home in 5 minutes.

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
OK here's an account of my experience, i'm sure I've missed loads so will update it as I can. Any questions let me know.

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Arrived at the hospital at 11am, my operation wasn't supposed to be until 12:30 but they took me and my bags upto my room and said I could wait there. Room was really nice, get your own tv with sky, bathroom, couple of chairs and of course your bed.

Nurses were all really nice, only problem I had was that they had mentioned my Mrs could stay with me overnight but when I asked on the day they said there would an additional charge of £78, not a massive problem as just booked her into a local hotel. The visiting hours are very relaxed so she could stay with me until 10pm anyway.

I was last on Dr Levick's list that day and unfortunately he was running a bit behind, but was happy
to just chill in the room and watch sky movies. Dr Levick came by and was very friendly and reassuring, apologised for running late and advised me I would next. Signed consent form and then the Anaesthetist came to see me and tell me I was in safe hands, lovely guy, kept me laughing the whole time that guy.

Got into my gown and wiped myself down with the antiseptic sticks they give you. About 4pm a nurse came to collect me, took me down to the anasthetic room, Dr Levick was there and had a bit of a chat while he marked me up for the surgery, again very reassuring. Joked with anaesthetist that I bet I could count to 30 before he put me to sleep, he said I bet you can't get to 10. I told me to start counting and I cheated and counted really fast, got to 8 and felt my eyelids coming down, managed to say goodnight everybody before it hit me.......

Woke up to anaesthetic nurse calling my name out to me, asked him how things went and he said great. Mr Levick popped over to see me on his way home and told me it had all gone magic. After 10 mins or so I stopped feeling drowsy and they took me back to my room. Your mouth is proper dry at this point and you can anaesthetic medicine type taste for a bit after.

Watched simpsons in my room with my mrs, nurses were brilliant, checking your stats every hour and bringing you anything you want. They brought my dinner in about 7pm, you order it before your op from their menu, lush food ! Managed to eat a bit of beef and some ice cream and then some boiled sweets my mrs bought me. Watched movies and then poker till 1am lol wasn't in any pain whatsoever. Couldn't sleep as I was buzzing from the op and couldn't believe it was all over so quickly. Eventually fell asleep and slept right through till 6am when nurse woke me up to check my drains and stats.

The only thing that was a pain was having drains in, which meant I couldn't get up for a pee. But I just pee'd in the bed bottles they provided so not too bad.

Nurse brought my breakfast I'd ordered in, toast, porridge, coffee and pineapple juice. Lay in bed eating it watching frasier and thought this is nice lol.

Dr Levick and the anaesthetist both came in to see me in the morning, Dr Levick told me it had gone great and said he would be discharging me after drains are removed. Gave me post surgery advice etc, shook my hand and that was it.

The nurses removed my drains at 10am, was told to stay in bed for half hour just to make sure nothing started leaking etc. They issued me with antibiotics and painkillers etc.
Signed myself out at 10:30am and was on my way home. 4.5 hour journey home was a bit draining and I felt every bump lol but was fine by the end of it.

First few days at home I was very sore and tender but just rested and took my arnica, antibiotics and ate good. They issued me with strong paracetemol based painkillers but I barely needed to use any tbh. Feeling much much better now and tomorrow I will finally get to see my chest when I take my bandages off :O). One bit of advice I will give is to trim your armpit hair lol, mine are caught in my bandages and they're a bitch everytime I move lol

Can't speak highly enough of the treatment I received from Dr Levick and all the staff at the hospital, very friendly, professional and reassuring. Felt I was in safe hands the whole time.
Obviously I don't know what my results will be like but I will keep you posted. Post op pics will be up tomorrow if I get time and I will keep this updated with my recovery over the course of the next 6 months etc.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their advice, you helped me make a wise choice :O)

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Oh I wanted to add, sleeping on ur back is a bitch for a few days but you get used to it.
A V shaped pillow would be a great buy pre op.
Some easy cook meals for post op would be a good idea, you won't want to do much for a few days.
Get a good book, some films etc for post op, you're gonna be bored.
Hope that helps somone.

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Mrs has just taken my bandages off as they were cutting into me and causing me pain.
Chest looks awesome !! flat as a pancake. so chuffed.
Got some bad bruising and swelling on the right side armpit entry point but apart from that not much brusing at all.
Right nipple inverted but sure that will sort itself out.
Wearing compression vest now.

Pics in the next day or so I promise  :D

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Working on losing the belly and leaning up next

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Looking good mate, bet your well pleased with the results, how's your movement ect?

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Looks another stonking result! Bet you are over the moon
Havent seen too many Levick results on here, so many Karidis write-ups that I'm looking fwd to following this  :)

Got any pre-op pics ?

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Looking good mate, bet your well pleased with the results, how's your movement ect?

Thanks fella !! I am over the moon.
Was really limited movement wise for the first few days especially with the bandages being so tight, so much so that the mrs had to put my vests and socks on for me at first lol.
All good now though have regained loads of movement in the past couple of days or so and can dress myself fine etc etc. Makes you appreciate being to do stuff for yourself doesn't it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024