Author Topic: Operation and Training  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Tintin

• Posting Member
Hi there,
I stumbled across this board after 22 years of this condition. It has affected my life too long but I have just hidden it and got on with life. It certainly has affected my self confidence , and although I love swimming and surfing I put a top back on as soon as I come out of the water. In every other aspect i am in good shape - terrific shape if that does not sound too big headed, but I have never been able to make a difference to it no matter how heavy I bench pressed or how many reps I did!

I am just at the start of my research and will be phoning several surgeons tommorrow, but I was wondering how long it would take until I could start training again. I am suppossed to be doing a ultra-ultra triathlon in June next year - run 90miles, swim 20 and cycle 185, and don't really want this to affect the training. Actually I think i have answered my own question, will probabaly wait until I finish it.
Still just thought i would say hi and nice to know that i am not the only person suffering from this.
Cheers
T
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 12:00:54 PM by Tintin »

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
I got back to exercise about 3 weeks after my op. Weights took a while longer though, maybe about a month and a half.
etc.

Offline Tintin

• Posting Member
Thanks Doddy, I will go and have a couple of consultations and see what they have to say. I must say that i am very exciting about this.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024