Author Topic: Life decision, input wanted  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Dpw

• Posting Member
So basically me and my wife had kids when we were 19. We quit college and picked up dead end jobs. After four years we sat down and weighed our options on bettering our life. We choose the military. She went to boot camp, graduated, and deployed and I was suppose to lose 100lbs while she was gone so I could join when she returned. I lost the weight. I studied my ass of and finally Aced the asvab after failing badly my first time. O shit I forgot I had manboobs and I haven't been back to the recruiter in months.  In the meantime my tricare will cover the surgery but I'm not guarenteed to get into military after a surgery of any kind, its up the doctor at meps.  My endo appt is Monday, then I'm suppose to see my doc again to schedule surgery.  I'm thinking instead of putting my familys life in the air ill go see a endo and return to my recruiter so I can go get a physical and head to bootcamp with my man boobs and worry about it once I'm in the military, I'm already 24 yo and would have to wait until I'm 26 if I have the surgery and possibility of being permantely denied from the military because of surgery or stop being selfish and worry about my family and having more income.
2 months of no tank tops, no compressed shirts, being shirtless everyday around females > ended up a dead beat dad who couldn't follow through to better our family..

Sorry for incomplete sentences I'm on cell phone, I'm pretty confident with a shirt on, ill talk to anyone, but I won't take my shirt off for no one but my wife. I don't have puffy nipples va, I have real man boobs that have definition under the breast

Offline Wod

• Posting Member
Denied from the military because you want surgery. That seems a bit drastic. Anyway, its a think you must decide upon yourself. If you want it done have it done, if it affects you enough it will be worth the surgery

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
I would definitely place any and all family concerns (including being able to provide for them) over surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024