Author Topic: Surgery with Mr Levick.  (Read 6547 times)

Offline dapuffnipz

• Posting Member
Hi fellas, I had my operation done with Mr Levick last week.

All the nurses/staff at the Priory hospital were excellent, they really do take good care of you.
Mr Levick himself is a really nice guy as well, I felt in safe hands throughout.

The only discomfort I felt during my stay was during the removal of the armpit dressings/ drains. Nothing major, but if I had to do it again I would definately take other users' advice and shave my armpits  :D .

I've got to wait until this Friday before I can remove the bandages and see my chest for the first time. I've found the bandages quite uncomfortable as the strapping has my shoulders held forward/hunched slightly also experienced some mild itching. Couldn't do much for the first few days at home, so my mum has had to help me out :) My mobility is improving everyday though.

I'll try to get some pictures on Friday and also update this thread as I go through the recovery process.
Just like to thank everyone on the forum who have shared their experiences, the diaries are a great help for people looking into surgery.

Cheers

Offline 2B||!2B

• Posting Member
Congrats man!

You will really find you improve rapidly after the bandages come off! I'm 11 days post op and feel 95% back to normal!

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Congrats mate !! As stated you do recover much faster once the bandages are removed.
Keep us posted on what you think of your chest when you remove the bandages fella  ;D

Offline dapuffnipz

• Posting Member
Quick update fellas:

Removed the bandages a day early after speaking with Mr Levick's secretary. The bandages were itching like crazy today, I think I may have been slightly allergic to the plasters.

Had to soak in a warm bath to help remove the plasters as my skin was too sore to simply rip them off. My skin is a bit of a mess where the adhesive plasters were.

First look at my chest and I'm flat :D It was very surreal looking down to see a pair of normal, non puffy nipples; the first time in 6 years.
I do have some areas of swelling, but I realise there is a long recovery process ahead.

I'll upload some pre/post op photos as soon as I get chance.

Offline dapuffnipz

• Posting Member
Pre-op:

front:

side:

Post-op:

front:

side:

• The marks you can see are the adhesive residue which won't budge. Also some marks where my skin is still sore from removing the plasters.
  • My shoulder posture is bad at the moment. I've got some swelling near the armpits which makes it uncomfortable to relax my shoulders.
  • Finally, I've lost a bit of muscle mass. However, I'll be more motivated than ever when I return to the gym; I'll even be able to wear a tank top!

Although it's early days, I'm very happy with the results so far. I'll update the thread in the coming months.

Quick question fellas: how tight does the compression vest need to be? Is it a case of the tighter the better?

Cheers

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member
amazing results mate! not much bruising! I'm guessing because your lean he didn't have to lipo so much out.
hope to get a result like this.

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Wow that's another great result from Levick, you must be chuffed mate.
Swelling near the armpit incision is really common and comes down quickly after bandages are removed, took a couple weeks or so after bandage removal for me.

Mate ur training will go so much better now you've sorted ur chest. Just make sure u take it easy at first and get plenty of rest.

Offline dapuffnipz

• Posting Member
Cheers fellas, I'm happy with the results so far.

I asked Mr Levick if there was any fat there, he said it was all gland tissue.

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Bet you are pleased as punch! Thats another great job by Levick, side profile looks cracking compared to before the OP. Hang tight for the healing roller coaster, it's a bumpy ride

Offline dapuffnipz

• Posting Member
Quick question fellas: Did you experience some nipple puffiness at all?

4 weeks post-op and they have started to puff out slightly, I'm hoping this is due to swelling/scar tissue?

Cheers

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Scar tissue forming mate, seems to be at it's worst around the 6-8 week mark. Start gentle massage at 5 to 6 weeks and that will help reduce it down.
I'm 4 months post and mines gone right down now :0).

Offline dapuffnipz

• Posting Member
Ok thanks mate, I must have quite a bit of scar tissue forming then as its puffed right out ( not as bad as pre-op, but still a noticable amount).

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Could you keep us updated on the swelling dapuffnipz, like when it starts improving? thanks.

Offline dapuffnipz

• Posting Member
Yeah no problem mate, I'll probably get some pictures up aswell so you can see what I'm talking about.

I just hope this is swelling and scar tissue and it will go away, certainly messes with your head a bit having had gyno.

Offline dapuffnipz

• Posting Member
Took a few photos when I got out the shower today. I'm just over 4 weeks post op here:

• Chest has seemingly 'sprung' back out, which is good.
  • One of my nipples is slightly puffy and the other looks as if it's slanted almost.
  • Chest still feels tight as if there is tissue pulling when I lift my arm for example. Other than that, I'm pretty much back to normal (apart from exercise)
  • Still haven't managed to remove all the adhesive left over, despite scrubbing it in the shower everyday lol!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024