Author Topic: Toddlers post surgery  (Read 1209 times)

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Anyone on here who's had surgery got young kids? I've got a 2 year old and I wanted get an idea how you cope post surgery when you have to pick them up all the time etc. I'm guessing that I'll need to get my wife to do all the work for a few weeks? I'm just trying to set expectations around the home during the recovery period....

My son does point at my chest sometimes and says 'boobies" (not sure where he picked this up from....) and I have to correct him and tell him that boys have chests and only girls have 'boobies'...I guess he's just telling it as he sees it...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I've lived with this for all these years when surgery would get me a couple of week off? How stupid I've been.

One grand-daughter, years ago, looked at me and said: "Paa Paw, oo gots boos". Since then grandpa is Paa Paw and boobs are boos in this family. I doubt you'll get your 2 year old to stop pointing at your chest and saying boobies unless he simply tires of it himself.

I am now retired. That means that I will never again get a day off, a Holiday, or a vacation.

I guess I've strayed  off subject as far as I dare. I hope your surgery goes well.
Grandpa Dan

Offline nitrox987

• Bronze Member
My son was 13 months at the time of my surgery and yes, for about a week and half my wife had to do all the work.
I could play with him fairly soon after surgery but could not hold him.
It didn't seem to be a big problem for him and he was not too demanding.

If you have drains, be careful, my son tried to pulled them out a few times :)

Good luck with your surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024