Author Topic: Toroplasty, Gyne, and other procedures... Question for Dr. Jacobs and others  (Read 3694 times)

Offline chestpayne

New here but curious.  I started at 350 lbs. now hovering around 250 lbs.  5'9" in height.  I would like to know first if I have the gyne problem and if I do I would like to do that surgery as well as the lipo.  I don't know if it is possible but I would like to reduce the appearance of stretch marks that I have near my arm pits and on trunk as well. 

Additionally I suffer from excessive sweating and am interested in the sweat lipo procedure and I also had a appendectomy as a baby which left a horrible scar as you can see.

Being a guy, I would like to do all of these procedures at once and not have to hassle with going back and forth over time.  I hope that is not too unrealistic.
So my question is...am I able to do the surgery now or should I wait until my weight has been reduced to a more healthy point? 

Offline chestpayne

another pic...sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures but I hope you get the idea.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Congrats on your weight loss.  However, you are still at a BMI of 36.9 -- considered very obese by any standard.  You should try to continue your weight loss until you get to (ideally) 180 or so.  Yes, it is a huge amount of weight to lose -- but you will be healthier and certainly happier. 

You will then be a candidate for surgery to trim your "birthday suit" which predictably will be hanging a bit in various places.  Don't count on a quick one-operation fix -- that will probably not be possible.  Rather, look at the areas that bother you the most and then consult several plastic surgeons to get an idea about what can be done and in what order.

Good luck with your continued weight loss.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline tomreils

• Posting Member
Hey,

Considering your weight, your chest doesn't look too bad! don't think you have real gyne at all! I would just slowly keep losing weight and working out and see what happens.

while I know it's all about how you perceive yourself, also don't think your scar looks horrible or anything.

Offline chestpayne

Hi, guys I am down to 223 as of today, I'm trying to get to 175 before I consider any surgery.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Way to go!!  Down 125 lbs already -- which is absolutely terrific.

If you can get down to around 175 lbs, you would be just about a normal BMI.  You will be a lot healthier and your surgery should be able to trim you up quite well.

Keep up the good work!

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024