Author Topic: How bad is it?  (Read 2166 times)

Offline boomby2332

I'm 15 years old and I've had gynecomastia since about 11 or 12. It's pretty embarrassing. I can't take my shirt off ever around other people, and it's even noticeable through shirts and sometimes even sweatshirts! I'm 6' tall and 200 pounds. I know my current weight is unhealthy and I always try changing but my gynecomastia really discourages me sometimes. Being 15, would I qualify for surgery?

Offline blackchevy

• Posting Member
i know some surgeons on this site have operated on kids around 11-12 so 15 is deff not a problem but you should try losing some weight, cardio or even weight lifting. try saving up some money while you lose weight if your gonna have to pay for it yourself.

keep reading around on the forum though, lots of great info!

Offline boomby2332

i know some surgeons on this site have operated on kids around 11-12 so 15 is deff not a problem but you should try losing some weight, cardio or even weight lifting. try saving up some money while you lose weight if your gonna have to pay for it yourself.

keep reading around on the forum though, lots of great info!
my goal is to get to 150 pounds and then go on a bulk to gain muscle, but i know i cant lose 60 pounds this year and i would like the surgery before or during summer

Offline blackchevy

• Posting Member
as long as you have goals your on the right track!

deff try to get it during the beginning of summer that way you'll have plenty of time to recover. maybe go see a doc or a surgeon with your parents?

Offline thetodd

I wish i found this site when i was 15, you're on the right track!

I wouldnt bulk, just focus on weight loss hit the road (or treadmill) and clean your diet up. You can get surgery at your age but why not visit your doctor and maybe have a look at estrogen blockers it may still be beneficial to you.

Have a word with your parents, theyl give you support.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline boomby2332

i went to my GP about a week ago and he advised me to have a testosterone test taken at the hospital lab. i'll be going saturday. does anyone know how much this usually costs?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024