Author Topic: Surgery booked 15th of March (Pics)  (Read 5079 times)

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 06:26:32 PM by Birmingham »

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
Re: Surgery booked with Dr. Karidis - 15th of March (PICS)
Quite a mild case by the looks of things. Also, no offence but I cant for the life of me see why you're getting your flanks done too. Your body looks really good, apart from mild gyne  :-\

Nobody knows better than you though I guess, so congratulations and good luck  :)

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Congratulation Birmingham what courage to do this at 19.  I'm in my 30's and have only just plucked up the courage to book a consultation with Karidis. 

Just out of curiosity when was your consultation and do you know if he has any more slots in March?  I'm seeing him on the 22nd and ideall want to get the Op done asap before I talk myself out of it.

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
Quite a mild case by the looks of things. Also, no offence but I cant for the life of me see why you're getting your flanks done too. Your body looks really good, apart from mild gyne  :-\

Nobody knows better than you though I guess, so congratulations and good luck  :)

Ah I think these pictures are a bit misleading I'll take some new ones with a better camera soon. Karidis said my case while not severe was definitely not mild and there was quite a bit of gland/fat in there. I'm getting the flanks done because it's the first place I store fat and last place I lose it and since I'm paying for the hospital already and don't ever intend to have cosmetic surgery again thought might as well get them done. They actually look quite bad you'll see when I put more pictures up.

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
Congratulation Birmingham what courage to do this at 19.  I'm in my 30's and have only just plucked up the courage to book a consultation with Karidis.  

Just out of curiosity when was your consultation and do you know if he has any more slots in March?  I'm seeing him on the 22nd and ideall want to get the Op done asap before I talk myself out of it.

Better now than never mate you still have your whole life ahead of you.

My consultation was a week or so I think can't remember what date lol. Sorry mate they didn't have any more slots for March :/ the next one was near the end of April I think so unless there's a cancellation that's probably the earliest you'll be able to go in though if you're 100% sure you have gyne and want the operation you can call them and book that date by paying them the deposit before your consultation I think so one else could take it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 05:56:54 PM by Birmingham »

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Thanks Birmingham i think ZM also mentioned they didnt have any slots for March.  Either way I want to go ahead so might as well wait until my consultation next week and hopefully by then there maybe a cancellation.  I was hoping to have it done in March as i have a lot planned for April.

Anyway congrats of getting yours booked and hope it all goes well.

Offline zm

• Silver Member
No probs mate...3rd of March works out much better for me.

Just had my blood test today and results should be here the next few days.

dexs, i'd advise you to book your surgery even now. i think the whole consultation is pretty stanard if you ask any who has had gyno surgery.

did anyone get the get the famous "i can make you flat" sentence?

my consulation was 10 minutes long. i would advise you to write up all your questions which you have.  i had so many but during consultation, i only had 2...

Offline sparta

• Bronze Member
like mine, from the top pic anyway, your right side looks a bit bigger than your left side. something karidis noticed with me as soon as i took my shirt off

it is up to you of course but i am not too bothered if i have a bit of fat on my flanks. i would not even be that bothered of having a bit of a belly as long as my gyne has gone.

it would be good to hear your story after your op. my op is early may so you should be right on the road to recovery by then

Offline thetodd

I dont see any problems with getting the flanks done and im not saying its a shortcut, but i think your better off building up your back and doing ab work. I just worry it wont live up to people expectations.

I got into a a health kick after surgery, i remember looking through google and mens health's 1st suggestion was "if youve tried everything, maybe liposuction?". Few more searches i was wondering whether i had bloody klinefelters. Anyway i decided to instead work on a decent back/shoulder program and do be able to knock out a few sets of pullups with ease. And its pretty much worked wonders.

I do see what you mean though Birmginham you do store fat on your hips, i think you will look much better with the flank surgery and if i was having surgery done these days i would probally go for it. But like Swarley said on his post Karidis will be carefull and leave some fat. just to not to make you look out of proportion. But you can easily build your core down the gym.

And yeah youve definatley got gyne, id say its quite moderate comapared to your size youl look excellent after surgery!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
I dont see any problems with getting the flanks done and im not saying its a shortcut, but i think your better off building up your back and doing ab work. I just worry it wont live up to people expectations.

I got into a a health kick after surgery, i remember looking through google and mens health's 1st suggestion was "if youve tried everything, maybe liposuction?". Few more searches i was wondering whether i had bloody klinefelters. Anyway i decided to instead work on a decent back/shoulder program and do be able to knock out a few sets of pullups with ease. And its pretty much worked wonders.

I do see what you mean though Birmginham you do store fat on your hips, i think you will look much better with the flank surgery and if i was having surgery done these days i would probally go for it. But like Swarley said on his post Karidis will be carefull and leave some fat. just to not to make you look out of proportion. But you can easily build your core down the gym.

And yeah youve definatley got gyne, id say its quite moderate comapared to your size youl look excellent after surgery!

Yeah looking at Swarley's post I'm a bit worried he won't take enough fat out but he did show me some before/after pics and they looked great. Anyway I'm not expecting too much I know most of the change will come from the gym after the surgery and reading so many threads here I know not to panic if I don't see a drastic change straight after the operation.

Btw did anyone smoke leading up to their op here? I'm finding It very hard to quit and when Karidis asked me how much I smoked I said 5 a day to see his reaction but he didn't really raise an eyebrow so I guess it's not too bad? I've cut down from 20 a day but these last 5 are proving hard to resist while I'm at uni

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
No probs mate...3rd of March works out much better for me.

Just had my blood test today and results should be here the next few days.

dexs, i'd advise you to book your surgery even now. i think the whole consultation is pretty stanard if you ask any who has had gyno surgery.

did anyone get the get the famous "i can make you flat" sentence?

my consulation was 10 minutes long. i would advise you to write up all your questions which you have.  i had so many but during consultation, i only had 2...

Mate just got a call back from Medicheck and they said £355 for the three tests lol. It's looking like I'll have to make a trip down to London and get them done at the hospital.

Offline zm

• Silver Member
£355? I hope you told them where to stick that syringe......

Offline kingboob

I honestly think lipo is over rated; by all means get the flanks done if the price is very good (cheap), but
1) don't expect miracles or a complete body transformation.
2) do expect discomfort, swelling and a significant wait before the final results show.

However, getting the gyne removed really is a transformation and totally worth it in the end.

Offline zm

• Silver Member
lol..what are you like?

I dont understand why they cannot have the results on paper....tell them you'll pay 10p towards prints which will make you even more popular...lol

Offline thetodd

Im not sure why they dont give them out, but it might be because you could alter the results.

Just ask your doctors to fax it to you, ask Karidis team for the a fax number they do have one amazingly. Did you get the correct tests done i forget what type it is now but theres three parts to it from memory

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024