Author Topic: Thanks for any and all input!  (Read 1933 times)

Offline brad1984

I'm 27
165 pounds
about 5 foot 11 inches

I've had what I believe to be a mild case of gynecomastia since puberty if it is one at all. I always assumed it was from lack of exercise. compared to other guys as skinny as me it seems like my breasts are bigger. I  realize the pictures are of poor quality and for that I apologize. I've always been self conscious of my chest and after seeing the site I think it's quite possible that it is not ALL 100% from a lack of exercise.

After reviewing some stuff it seems I have four options to deal with this…..

1) surgery that would fix it almost 100%…. but I seriously do not have money for this

2) deal with it cause it really isn't that bad and I probably notice it more then anyone else

3) where a bra or compression device….which I personally feel would be really embarrassing if anyone I know where to find out about it

4) And this interests me the most:

Exercise. YES…I've read the threads that say it doesn't help. I realize that no amount of weight training or cardio will make the actual gland tissue shrink or go away. Cardio will potentially get rid of the fat on my chest but that might make the gland more pronounced. In addition weight training might enlarge the muscle pushing the gland forward making it more pronounced.

All that said (& sorry for beating a dead horse), I can't help but feel that some mild cardio to lose some pounds and some weight training to bulk up might generally enhance my upper body appearance to the point where the gynecomastia isn't as noticeable and would blend better with the rest of my body. I'm not talking about becoming a pro body builder here. Just getting in better shape so it all blends together and appears more like pecs then it does now. More or less just trying to draw attention away from chest. I've pretty much never worked out a day in my life except gym class in middle school and high school. I have skinny genes so I don't look as unhealthy as I really am.

What are peoples thoughts on trying to disguise it with exercise? Would this be possible since my situation isn't that bad? Work out my upper chest  to bulk up the area above the nipple or something?

Do you guys even think I have it?

Are the pictures good enough to even tell anything from?

Any input is greatly appreciated…thanks for your time.

Offline brad1984

I tried to resize the images so the whole things would fit on the screen but that didn't seem to work. Sorry about that. Also if any other shots would help just let me know what angles. Sadly I'm limited to what I can take with a phone in the mirror.

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Yeah man you need it,I tried to have the same thoughts but everytime I wanted to wear a white t-shirt they would show. Compression vest is just a temp fix but your mind knows they are still there. Get the surgery! I got mine 2 1/2 months ago.

Offline brad1984

Thanks for your response!

….surgery is pretty much out of the question at least for quite a while. I'm almost 100% sure my insurance won't cover it and I don't have several thousand dollars laying around. Anyone have luck with insurance?

Some people say exercise can improve the look of it, others say exercise makes it worse. I suspect it depends on the persons body. I was hoping with some pictures people might be able to give me advice based on that. Like maybe what to do to minimize the appearance even slightly. I realize it's not gonna go away completely.

Other then that I guess this was a pointless exercise cause I'm just gonna see the same stuff people post in all the threads made by people with bodies like mine.

Some will say it it's nothing
Some will say get surgery
The doctors will say surgery is an option if it bothers you or get a compression device
Some people will say cardio
some will say bulk up
some will say exercise won't do anything

I don't know...

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
mine is bigger but i could still hide it just by wearing an undershirt though i'm stil bothered all time. How much is the surgery?

Offline cduub

• Silver Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024