Author Topic: Is Surgery My Only Option?  (Read 5673 times)

Offline Chilll

• Posting Member
Well let's go back to 7 months ago i weighed in at 280 pounds. Through diet alone i managed to get to 200. Now I have been exercising(p90x) and have lost 10 pounds which puts me at 190 now, my height is 5'11. I really want to join the military but am very embarrassed of this. Also I have been looking online and people say it could be a minimum of 6 months after (if i have the surgery) that I would even be able to submit a waiver to be able to get into the military. I really do not want to wait another year to join, but I don't want to join the breasts this big. I am scheduled to have a consultation this month, but after reading about how long the wait would be after i am really thinking about not getting it done. I have had it since i was 12-13. When I go see the doctor for the consultation will he/she talk about other scenarios with me as in like some kind of medication to help it or other things or am I just stuck with surgery and have to wait another long depressing year to live my dream...Any help/information would be greatly appreciated. Here's a Pic....I know its ugly  :'(
 (btw I am still losing weight)

Offline Chilll

• Posting Member
also i  just turned 20 last month

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Congratulations on the weight loss.

It would seem that your skin was stretched beyond the limits of its elasticity. That means that it may shrink a bit but not back to the original. That would mean that surgery would be your only option at this time.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Chilll

• Posting Member
you think it will look weird after surgery or will they look normal because ive seen some other peoples pics and it didn't look normal after surgery

hammer

I hate to say what I am able to say, but, you do not have a flat chest like so many I see ask if they have gyne!

Yes, you do have it and as others have said, surgery will help to restore the "flat" chest look again.

Their are some good surgeons that can do great work making you look just fine, but do your home work.

Good luck!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
In your case a significant amount of skin will have to be removed and the nipples grafted into a more normal position. This means that you will likely have more scars than most men. Scars will fade though with time.

Overall, I think you will like the result. Select your surgeon with the utmost care though.

Offline Chilll

• Posting Member
I'm really considering going to a recruiter then going to meps and seeing what the doctors there say about it then have the surgery to insure there is no mishaps that would disqualify me and to speed the process of joining the military....I'm just really embarrassed by it..how bad does it look because i know most people who have it think it looks worse than it does...could you tell me from your view point how bad it looks?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Realistically, I think you will be the brunt of a lot of crude tasteless comments and teasing. Especially while in your basic training where individual privace simply does not exist. Without knowing what your personal ability is so far as dealing with that sort of abuse, I would hesitate to comment further. The condition is quite obvious.

Offline gyne_22

• Posting Member
I am going through the same thing as you. I was 280 and dropped down to 200 and I really wanted to start a private nursing program but with the low confidence I have, I dont think i can handle the embarrassment. So now I do not know what to do. Im 23 years old I want to have a carreer NOW! Im so highly interested and ready to become a nurse but having a condition of gynecomastia is ruining my life. I'm not able to see your picture. If its okay, can you send it to my email. Ill message you my email. I would really like to see. But my advice for you is to find other ways to get the surgery done. Get a surgery loan or get a loan from school. Continue the weight loss. Dont let your manboobs ruin your life. Be positive and something will come up.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024