Author Topic: Unilateral gyne? Pics included. Your feedback please  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Neil123

• Bronze Member
Hi All, are both sides affected or left significantly more?
Would you operate both sides to correct or just one? THANKS
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 01:16:18 AM by Neil123 »

Offline Neil123

• Bronze Member
I'm 39, few more pics.

Offline thetodd

its not uneven enough to say its unilateral, but yeah looks like gyne.

The doc would operate on both sides, its not a bad operation if your considering it. Takes some time for people to mentally adjust to it (took me a while) but its worth it.

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Neil,

You're a little overweight, and that's part of the problem.  But you do look like you have gynecomastia, with projection of tissue and a large nipple-areola diameter.  If you drop a little weight it will probably look better but not go away.

Your best bet IMO will be liposuction and direct tissue excision, as most guys need.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Neil123

• Bronze Member
Thank you Dr. Pope for the feedback! Do you see how the right nipple is flat and brown (normal!) and the left one is bigger puffier and redder? That's why I thought maybe it's unilateral gyne.. the left side which is bigger bothers me more (left side of my body of course, right side when looking at the screen:). In fact, the right side doesn't bother me at all because although it's bigger than average too, at least it's a more normal 'man shape' breast(!?)

I would really appreciate any additional feedback from you and other members.

Also, I agree regarding the weight although I am 70kg which is in the range for my height.

Doctor, do you expect going to the gym will have a positive effect or negative in my case? more than losing weight or less? Thanks.

Sincerely,
N.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Gyne may be defined as excess tissue on a male chest.  And given that definition, both sides of your chest appear to be affected.  Very often one side may appear slightly larger but it is extremely difficult to operate on the slightly larger side and make it match the other side.  Usually both sides are operated upon to make each as good as it can be.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Neil123

• Bronze Member
Thank you Dr. Jacobs.
You raised a good point earlier regarding weight. I know because when I was thinner gyne looked a bit better.
Doctor, do you expect going to the gym will have a positive effect on gyne or negative in my case? more than losing weight or less?
Lastly, is my gyne mild or average? I know it is not the worse case of gyne/not severe but have no idea if I am mild or average.
Sincerely,
N.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Going to the gym, working out and losing weight is always good for your health.  And with weight loss, your gyne will appear somewhat smaller (the fat from your chest is lost - but the breast tissue will remain).  However, the rest of your body will also lose some fat and some guys actually have their gyne appear more accentuated after they lose weight.  And if you build really great pecs, those pecs will push the gyne out further, perhaps accentuating them even more.

Your case appears average.  In my practice, I have guys from minimal to huge -- you are about in the middle.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Neil123

• Bronze Member
Thank you Doctor! I will lose weight and exercise more - mainly jog.
will post when done.. in the meantime it would be great and appreciated to get feedback from other members here. Sincerely

PS. an almost unrelated question: the more I exercise and in better shape the more appetite I have. I know I should get protein after say jogging. but what natural food items are recommended after to ensure you are losing weight while not feeling too hungry? TX

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024