Author Topic: Final Check for Surgery on Thursday..opinions welcome.  (Read 3657 times)

Offline jim2509

• Posting Member
Right then so I'm T-3 days till I'm finally Gyno free after 18 years (37 yrs old), and am trying to make sure I've got everything I need, as it's in Belgium. I have Arnica Pills, Bio Oil (for later) 2x Under Armour Vest Tops as i'm staying for 2-3 days after op for checks, EC medical card.
Surgery is under Twilight Sedation so am hoping I don't feel too bad after op. Any advice is greatly welcome, am not feeling the nerves yet, but am sure that'll change soon enough. My Gyno is more post pubetal(Puffy Nipple/Fat/Gland)type but will post all pics up Mon 7th when I get back, plus my overall view of my trip.

wish me luck

cheers.

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
If you get nervous, just remember all the pain and suffering you've gone through with gyne--remember all the things you've missed out on or didn't quite enjoy because of it.

Also, don't tense up too tight when they put the IV in like I did--you'll faint. Lol

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Good luck buddy!

Are your under armour vest tops a decent alternative to what people like Karidis provide?
My Trip Report (Preop & Postop pics).

Offline jim2509

• Posting Member
Cheers lads, thanks for the support and the tip about the IV drip..lol. I'll try to stay relaxed. Am not sure if the Gyno Under Armour tops are the same as Karidis provides but they are a very tight compression and support vest so hopefully they'll do the job. Am travelling tmoz, and getting picked up from Hotel early Thursday morning, will try to put a post up after surgery on my mobile and will put an indepth report on when I get home Sunday/Monday.

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Wishing you all the best mate, look forward to your write up.

Offline jim2509

• Posting Member
Hi all, just a quick update I have arrived at hotel in belguim, have to say I'm impressed, more importantly so is the missus who i've dragged along too..lol, journey via train was pretty straight forward. Am feeling a bit of nerves now, saw the clinic in the town earlier when we had a look around trying to find a taxi-my only gripe so far. Am getting picked up at 07:30 hrs tomorrow morning, will put an entry in when I get time post surgery via phone. Just want to get it over with now, hate the waiting. Thanks for all your support though, has helped loads.

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
Good luck mate, sure you'll be great! just think of all the gyneless good times coming up!!!

lookin forward to following your story and I think the forum will really benefit from a detailed account of surgery not done by either Karidis or Levick, and also for the uk lot considering cheaper surgery abroad for that matter.

Offline jim2509

• Posting Member
Hi lads...firstly can I just give a warm hearted thanks for those who have taken interest in my gynomastia free journey. Right then I had a surprisingly good kip last night, even though we had to push are beds together...lol. We were picked up by the surgeon who stated he had just being visiting other patients within the local Belgium nhs hospital where he also works @ 6:30 am. Once we reached the clinic a short distance away, it was very modern, filled inn some forms, taken to my own private room,missus was invited to, had an examination, out came the felt pens. Next the anaetheist came out, had to say he was great, was very calming, as missus was getting upset ( we're 7weeks pregnant). Was taken into operating theatre, the anaetheist, he started to chat about footy and the like and beforeI knew it was out. Missus told me that about 50 mins he came back into tell her everything is fine and occasionally do did the nurse and dr. This impressed me a great deal and her. A short time later in recovery room I apparently started talking about the duke of wellington to missus, anaetheist, and the Dr???? Don't recall that or knowing anything about the duke...gave them a good laugh though ha ha! Well am off to bed now my vest is a bit leaky, have codeine paracetamol, amoxicillan to help me sleep. Dr has offered to come to me posh hotel tmoz for a check up i prefer that...again impressed, although not taken vest off yet...will take those pics tmoz, god I hope it's good. When I get home the full review is on its way. God bless.

Offline jim2509

• Posting Member
Just a quick update guys, had a reasonable nights sleep both left and right sides sore on waking and had a bit of leakage through vest on left side. Well me and the missus got a taxi to the clinic for my check up....shock number 1 was when the nurse took my first gauze off by my nipple I saw the drainage tube..no wonder my sides felt a bit sore, I forgot about having them in both sides. No 2 shock was how little bruising I had, although my left nipple was bleeding a little, no great shakes, alot better without those drains in though. Anyway I had clean dressings put on and spent about half hour chatting to surgeon about the do's and do not's. Incase anyone is wondering why I haven't named the surgeon it's because I wanted to get the op done first and give an honest view for people to draw their own conclusions. Am back home on Sunday so will give full account pics and all on the hope my experience will help other forum members who may look close abroad for gynomastia surgery due to higher costs in UK.

Offline nogojoe

• Bronze Member
Congrats! I'm glad everything went well! Now you he the fun part: living the rest of your life without gynecomastia.

Offline jim2509

• Posting Member
Congrats! I'm glad everything went well! Now you he the fun part: living the rest of your life without gynecomastia.

Cheers mate, am really looking forward to those new t-shirts for the summer....been a long time.

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Jim,

Good to hear that everything went well. Looking forward to your write up/pics. I'm still chuffed with my results, even though the dreaded scar tissue has started to take hold...

Offline jim2509

• Posting Member
Jim,

Good to hear that everything went well. Looking forward to your write up/pics. I'm still chuffed with my results, even though the dreaded scar tissue has started to take hold...
Cheers dude, was really happy with result, when I got a look today when drains were removed. Still well early days yet, although so much more comfortable laying down now, do am hoping to get a decent nights sleep tonight. To be honest me and the missus are getting fed up hanging around hotel in middle of nowhere, am looking forward to going home on Sunday that's for sure. I was advised to start bio oil around week three, pending on how healing goes? The stitches in my nipples should dissolve in around 3 weeks apparently do am aiming for then. Cheers for your support, this forum is a god send.

Offline pauldrayton

• Posting Member
Good to hear it went well jim.

I'd be really interested to know your doctor's details etc when you get a chance.

Best of luck with the recovery and please do keep the forum updated.

Offline jim2509

• Posting Member
Good to hear it went well jim.

I'd be really interested to know your doctor's details etc when you get a chance.

Best of luck with the recovery and please do keep the forum updated.

Cheers mate, appreciate it.

Well all today is Saturday and had a much better nights sleep last night, although other half feels like she's under house arrest lol, good job the room has satellite tv so hopefully get to watch fa cup final. I'm getting very excited about going home tomorrow, and doing my full report for you guys, which will be pics, before and after, treatment costs, my good and bad observations and of course who I chose to go with and reasons why and my opinion. Hopefully forum members from the pics can judge for themselves what they think about the overall result, everyone is different so I won't be offended of someone says it's crap lol, am thick skinned and am already over the moon with what I've seen already. If anyone can take anything positive from my experience then job done, as I've received a lot of support from people on here and want to contribute.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024