Author Topic: CAR SHOPPING  (Read 2092 times)

hammer

The old 1995 Astro van that we provided for our oldest daughter while she was going to collage was at the end of its useful life with 276,600 miles on it, so it was time to replace it. It was also time for her to buy her own car, as she will be graduating at the end of the year.

The question that I would like to ask here is, as it has been a few years since the last car that I bought, when did buying a car get to be like buying a house?

The car is a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu , and she payed cash, I needed to change the insurance into her name, and get them proof of insurance, (although I will pay until she is done with school) and Mom and Dad bought her a three year warranty!

From test drive to going home was at least 4 hours and a ton of paperwork! They did run a credit check on her, because she wrote a check, but other then that I don't understand how or when it got like this.

The last one we bought from a dealer was our 2005 Dakota new in 06 and we were in and out in less then 2 hours.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ANY MOMS OUT THERE!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I went to the same dealer that we had bought from previously and told them: 1. I needed a new Pickup. 2. No, I did not have a trade in. 3. I wanted it with nothing down.

After picking out the color and trim package I wanted they served me a cup of coffee while they did the paperwork. The paperwork was done before I finished the coffee.

But, that was in 2000.
Grandpa Dan

hammer

It was like that in 95 when I bought bought by 1995 dodge 2500 work van. I bought it new I had a very old 74 GMC 1 ton for a trade so it wasn't worth much, and nothing down and in and out.

When we bought the 05 Dakota we didn't have a trade as Debbie had totaled her 98 F150 out. That was why we were buying a new truck! We had $11,000.00 plus for the down payment on that from the insurance payment from the F150. The truck was all payed for and in excellent shape, low millage so we got top dollar for it and put it all on the new truck. The new truck was a new 05 in 06 that was a demo with 13,000 miles on it, so it had a big discount on the price, but with the new warranties.

I never felt that we needed 4 wheel drive, but the Dakota has 4 wheel drive. Not the last winter but the one before we had something like 9 feet of snow by the end of the winter season! That was a winter for 4 wheel drive!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024