Author Topic: On my way......sort of ;)  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Hey guys

After checking these forums for what has seemed like an eternity I have finally plucked the courage (again)  to go and have a consultation, but this time with Karidis.

I have had 2 consultations in the past but was never filled with any confidence.  The first I just felt like I was a cash cow and the second, which was at a highly reputable clinic here in the North East by a surgeon who's bio clearly stated he specialized in the field of gyne.

The surgeon in question told me that my case was very minor, a 1 on a scale of 1-10 and that it was just a bit of an infra mammary crease.  And that it was also harder to rectify a lesser case of gyne.  I wish I could of believed him, will try and post some pics so you can judge for yourselves.  Hard to go through with surgery/consultations at the best of times, let alone when the guy is trying to talk you out of it???

But upon reading all the testimonials and tons of info from you lot, which has of course been an incredible inspiration to me and so many others.  I figured this last surgeon I met doesn't know WTF he's on about, glad I never went under his knife now...shudder.

I'm getting on a bit now (40) but still have the burning desire to at least try and rid myself of this condition, so I know if I don't get it done, I will live to regret it.  The self loathing drives me nuts at times and has ruined countless relationships with women as I'd rather be thought of as a cnut than some freak with breasts.  Among all the other opportunities I've missed or refused to be a part of.  Gyne has ruined a big part of my life thus far and from what I've read, the benefits go much further than aesthetics, and I can believe it.

I'm looking forward to a change in personality, a change I know is impossible while I still carry the weight of the world around, on my Jones. 

Every year (around spring time) I would try and convince myself to go and have it done, but we sufferers are masters of talking ourselves out of things, plus time off work etc etc.  It's easy to just live in denial and tell ourselves whatever we wanted to hear.  Thank fawk I started reading the logs and stuff on here. 

Honestly, the amount of info, I mean REAL info is enough to bring tears to my eyes.  So many guys in the same boat, you feel you're alone due to the stigma of gyne when in reality, you don't have to be.

I know what it must have taken to get through to the other side and can't wait to get there myself and I'm sure I will as long as I remain on these boards and stay focused.  I'm in the best position to have this done, recently made redundant with a decent payout so I have both the time and the money to accomplish my goal.  Then after that it will be my personal recovery path, a road I'm more than willing to go down thanks to all the love, technical info and support on here from the many contributors.

Rang up this morning, booked for consultation 18th July, so it must be well busy.  But gives me plenty time to arrange things.  I'm sure I'll have many questions to come but for now I just want to say thanks to all concerned, your experiences and advice truly are an inspiration to guys like us, see you around I'm sure ;)

Nip

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
God, this is weird.  Actually highlighting the fact, but hey ho!

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
The dreaded side profile ;(

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
Hey Nipper,

nice one getting your consultation set, you'll be gyno free before you know it! shame about the wait with Karidis but I guess that's a good sign, a consequence of an experienced and popular surgeon. besides, you prob dodged a bullet by not going with those less experienced surgeons.

Keep us updated
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 04:47:01 PM by captain chesty »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024