Author Topic: Opinions please, skinny with puffy nipples  (Read 3537 times)

Offline hello84

• Posting Member
So I have had gynecomastia since I was 12 and now I am 21. I have seen Dr. Bermant when I was 18 and he said I do have gynecomastia, but the surgery with him costed 10k total, so I didn't do it.

Would you get surgery if you were me?  Honest opinions please.

Offline Z31T

• Bronze Member
Nobody can make any decision for you based on the physical severity of or your gyno. The decision of whether or not to pursue surgery lies within a deep self evaluation of just how much of an effect gynecomastia is having on the various aspects of your life. If you really feel it has affected you psychologically and prevented you from doing things you want to do or feeling comfortable in certain situations, then surgery can certainly make a difference. Like I said, only you can make that decision. There are some guys here with C and D sized breasts that choose to live happily with them. The condition affects us all a little differently and there is no reason to feel shame for any decision. No matter what you choose to do you will find support here.

hammer

I have to echo what Z31T has already told you! I am one of those guys with double d's and have learned to live with them, what you do has to be your decisition and no one else's!

Although gynecomastia is not the worst thing that can happen to you! I am one of many men on this forum that is living proof.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Have to agree with Z31T -- the decision is basically up to you.  Obviously, it has been on your mind for three years (and perhaps longer).

You basically have a choice of living with it or having surgery -- so do some hard thinking.  If it is the latter, then do your homework and find an experienced gyne surgeon.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
Hello84-

2 years ago I had surgery with Dr. Bermant.  Yes, it was expensive, but it has changed my life so much that I consider it a worthwhile investment.  Your perception of yourself will affect your confidence, which will affect every interaction you have with other people.  A nagging insecurity like gynecomastia will hold you back, and surgery will set you free.  I know this because I've been on both sides of the situation.

Dr. Bermant is no longer in the game, but there are other esteemed surgeons out there, such as Dr. Jacobs.  If you decide to have surgery after all, you need to put up the extra money to see a surgeon who will get the job done right.  There are too many horror stories on this website to ever justify getting a cheap procedure.

Offline hello84

• Posting Member
Dr. Jacobs, can you give me an estimate for the total cost if I decide to get surgery (including anesthesia, surgeon costs, etc.)?

Also, what is the typically process with out of town patients?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Thanks for your inquiry.  Please see my lengthy personal email response to you.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024