Author Topic: Surgery with Karidis Booked!  (Read 3734 times)

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Had my consultation with Dr. Karidis today, have to say I feel more confident about going ahead than ever now and can't wait to be on the other side.  Although the earliest I could get in was the 1st of September.

But I have a wedding to attend on the 7th and I don't think rocking the vest under a suit all day and a do on the night will be a good look.  Especially just 6 days after surgery, even though I would have loved to have been gyne free for the wedding. So I've booked the next available which is the 18th.

One thing he did say though, was that my nipples stick out and that some people aren't happy with that kind of look and  can be disappointed as they desire a completely flat areola /nipple area.  He said he could shave the protruding part off.

At first I said I wouldn't be bothered really as I see plenty of guys who don't have gyne, just longer nipples.  But seeing as I'm going to be under anyway etc.  Karidis told me I could just make my mind up and decide on the day.

I remember seeing someone's log, can't remember who.  Who'd had a bit of their nipples shaved off and wasn't happy about it??? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd certainly appreciate a heads up about it.

I have two months to decide anyway, so just the bloods to sort out.  And I think the 18th will be better, seeing as the Olympics will be well over and done with by that time.

Will keep you guys posted when the time comes

Nip

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
I went to a wedding 7 days after surgery and work 4 days after.  No issues in terms of vest at all so dont worry.  In fact the vest will hold your flabby bits (it did in my case) in so you'll look much better in a suit. 

Good luck

Offline enom

• Bronze Member
Good job on booking the surgery!

I'm also having my surgery on the 1st of September with Karidis!

Offline enom

• Bronze Member
Hey nipper, how did it go today? You must of been straight after myself.

I'm feeling pretty sore at the moment and just arrived home. Believe Karidis was only doing 3 operations today.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
I never went for the 3rd Sept Lads, I opted for the 18th instead.  Just have my hospital fee and hotel to book and I'm all set. 

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Or was it the 1st?  Anyway, I'm in two weeks today funnily enough.  But if anyone knows anything about having the nipple reduced as Karidis said he could shave a bit off mine as they also stick out a bit.  I seem to recall someone having had this done on their log.  Can somebody point me to it?  Dunno if I will get it done, I kinda like my nipples, just not the shit behind them! :)

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
I don't think you should do it. Get a pic posted up and see what people say.
My Trip Report (Preop & Postop pics).

Offline Dom

• Posting Member
Hey nipper,

In terms of surface area of the nipple it normally shrinks after the surgery, well in my case and others i've seen it did, and they obviously look flatter once the gland is gone, which might sort out your problem. I haven't heard of people getting their nipple's shaved.

I agree with rasputin upload a pic and find out what people think.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Cheers guys!

I think I have some pics up on another post but will sort another one out but I was sure some one had had it done and I seen it in their log??   Anyway it looked sore as darn :(

Karidis just mentioned it to me as he said some guys who still have visible nipples through shirts etc are a bit disappointed that you can still see the nipple after surgery, I see plenty of dudes with that anyway, not too worried. 

And I had heard that the area will shrink a little when the gland is taken out so I will just be happy not to have the puffiness to be honest, I think there are already enough factors to deal with already with this surgery, no need to add more. 

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
My nipples are a lot smaller now than they were pre-surgery. I wish I'd measured them actually to get exact numbers, but it's a big difference.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Hopefully be a thing of the past, this time next week....cannot effin wait now ;)

Offline Hope_this_helps

• Posting Member
Hi nipper,

Just as up to now you have probably recognised a lot of your own story in other people's posts you will recognise a lot on the day too. Obviously it's slightly different for everyone and we all react to things slightly differently but on the whole you can get slot out of this forum on what the karidis experience is like even down to the choices of sandwhiches  ;D

The main thing in my opinion is too do as much as possible to make things easier for yourself and that just means preparation. Don't know what hour living arrangements are but as people have said before do a big shop for food etc so you don't have to go to the shops the day after, put things you will need at a level you don't have to stretch for etc and on the mental side remind yourself why you are doing this and that it will take a while to fully recovered.

I agree with you, there are a great bunch of lads on here whose help has been invaluable. I'm sure this forum will continue to help get guys through this.

Good luck mate. You have the right guy doing the job.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Cheers Hope ;)  Just putting it on the back burner till I have to travel on Monday, will do the big shop over the weekend.  Going to try and have a busy weekend but one thing's for sure, the time is flying by, once I get that vest on, I'm sure it'll be the reverse ;) 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024