Author Topic: Surgery COMPLETE with Karidis on 30.08.12.. Update Feb 2013 with Pic  (Read 5604 times)

Damn7547

Hey all waiting to have surgery with Karidis.

Arrived at 7am scheduled for surgery at 10:15am
Anesthetist seen
Karidis popped in and marked me up.
And wearing the flimsy cotton boxers couldn't get away wearing the 100% normal boxers lol.

Can't upload pics using iPad so hopefully will load some pics later.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:32:54 PM by Damn7547 »

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
You will be recovering by now mate, so hope it went well. I had my op with Levick yesterday so I'll be following you progress. Karidis is a very popular choice round here!

Damn7547

Had written a more detailed writeup but somehow lost it, stupid iPad. Ok so quick writeup of experience.

so got to the hospital at 6am... yes you heard right 1 hour early due to our eager cab driver so sat around till 7am to be admitted to my room.

so firstly staff are fantastic and very reassuring which is great if your nervous or what have you but considering i had only 2.5 hours of sleep i was tired as hell and wasn't too worried about the op.

Karidis popped in to mark me up reassuring me everything was going to be gone... again comforting considering your paying 4.2k to get rid of the moobs!

So around 10,15 im taken down to the anaesthetist who again is great with small talk taking my mind off things and i found the GA quite alright.

After Op

Woke up and had a slight panic attack due to 2 blankets being wrapped around me which made me extremely hot (something that i cant handle is too much heat when in bed) so i was told to calm down and all was alright. Was given morphine twice due to the pain and then scuffled off to my room. At this point pain was 6/10 but morphine was still given or was it morphine....?

By the time i got to the room pain was around 3/10 had some lunch (absolutely starving at this point).

I was told

60g of gland removed
400ml of fat was removed.

Nurse popped in to check on me every half hour and i had Dr. Karidis's nurse come in to give me post op info. The nurse did ask if i was given a second vest which i said no to but would like. She promptly brought one over saying i should of received two anyway but having read Rasputins post that he received a pair of shorts i checked mine and low and behold they were shorts lol so i got this changed over. Also I got to choose the colour so maybe depends on the day.

Would of liked Karidis to pop in and see me but i know the drill, his busy cutting and pasting another persons chest...

Discharge

Could have been discharged by 3pm if they told me all i needed to do was urinate lol which i was holding in so i didnt have to get out of bed!

I was bleeding quite badly from one arm pit so this needed additional plasters and was given a few additional ones to take home with me.

Journey Home

I stupidly asked my sister to come pick me up with her car that has poor suspension which made me feel every pot hole in the road. so my advice if your travelling home on the same day make sure its in a comfortable car or reputable cab company!

Some advice loose the belly helps when putting the vest on at first lol
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 05:59:06 AM by Damn7547 »

Damn7547

so these post op are on the night after the surgery so quite badly swollen but has gone down a bit. any advice would be appreciated regarding how to deal with this part of the recovery phase.

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
By the looks of it, your RHS had more gland/fat to extract? This would explain the larger swelling. The LHS looks very nice a flat, so I'd focus on that side and keep that in your head, when thinking about the final outcome. From what I've heard the swelling goes down fairly quickly with the compression vest on. Give it a week and you should see big improvements.

Damn7547

also weirdly i wasnt given tramadol every time the nurse mentioned it and i would say it was given to me i would be told o maybe karidis didnt think it was appropriate for you but never the less god do i need some more pain killers.

The arnica tablets are "working" with regards to the swelling whether its the placebo effect or not i dont care as long as it does its job lol and the co dydramol seem to be doing their job too though my nipples are really really sore!

Damn7547

thanks for that darkstar will be keeping that in mind, yea right side had more gland but wasnt expecting that kind of swelling on one side by you can see from yesterdays pic the swelling has gone down and safe for the iPhoto advice.

Offline thetodd

Does it look like you are having an alergic reaction where the plasters are? To me it looks pretty itchy just looking at it, I had the same thing.

If the incision sites are scabbed over (and they really must be) then id leave the plasters off they are just to stop infection before the scabs are formed i left mine off after the first 24 hours. This should help with the nipple soreness but they really do need to be scabbed over to do this!

There isnt much you can do to ease swelling, apart from eat healthily and drinks litres of pineapple juice.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Damn7547

i did mention that i am allergic to plasters... so they took that on board and usually pus would have started to seep out of the areas where plasters would have been applied in normal circumstances. I'll check whether scabbing has fully formed yet and better go buy pineapple juice thanks for the advice!

Damn7547

Does it look like you are having an alergic reaction where the plasters are? To me it looks pretty itchy just looking at it, I had the same thing.

If the incision sites are scabbed over (and they really must be) then id leave the plasters off they are just to stop infection before the scabs are formed i left mine off after the first 24 hours. This should help with the nipple soreness but they really do need to be scabbed over to do this!

There isnt much you can do to ease swelling, apart from eat healthily and drinks litres of pineapple juice.

got any advice for my arms tingling... not enough blood going to hands and arms? took off plasters from armpits they are find now got follow up appointment tomorrow

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024