Author Topic: need help choosing surgeon UK  (Read 4817 times)

Offline gymfreak

• Posting Member
hi ive finally decided after a few years of pure emotional torture that im going to get my nips sorted, can anyone point me in the right direction as to choosing a surgeon im choosing to take a loan out to pay for the surgery and id like the best i can get so if anyone has been to a surgeon in the uk and have had a succesful experience could you please let me know who did it thanks  :)

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Every thread here is a case study to either Karidis or Levick. But you might want to look elsewhere too. I'll have a recommendation once my recovery is 100% complete!
My Trip Report (Preop & Postop pics).

Offline zm

• Silver Member
See my link below mate...although the price may have jumped up...

Offline jim2509

• Posting Member
If money is an issue, consider The Singleberg Clinic it cost me £2000 and the surgeon Dr Oelbrandt (GMC registered)is top draw, punch his name into search engine. There's a bundle of good surgeons around just across the water that are cheaper than in the UK and have very high standards as well. As has already been pointed out there is a serious lack of discussion on this forum about alternative options to Karidis. I have posted over the last year various different options on purpose and watched as the forum suddently gets inundated with Karidis posts....coincidence hmmm I don't think so...lol lol.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
This is after all, a forum for finding a surgeon...in the UK?  No doubt folk will wander off topic and nothing wrong with weighing up your options regarding price etc.  I did at first consider going to Poland as it was cheaper, that was the only reason though!  

The gamut of info on here about Karidis is all verified and to my knowledge there is only one case where the recipient wasn't entirely satisfied.  Levick is just as popular as Karidis I just think DR K pips him for folk who actually post logs, so I would wager more folk take the plunge with Karidis due to this.

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
It's a difficult topic this one, because I think that once the ball is rolling, a surgeon builds success rapidly. So visitors to this forum will see a wall of Karidis threads and book a consultation, as it's the natural step to take. It's clear to see that threads based on Karidis generally have more views and more replies by other members, and other surgeons (including Levick) tend to be second fiddle.

As for going abroad for surgery. For me personally, this wasn't an option I was willing to consider. I know the surgeons will be perfectly acceptable, and may even be better. I didn't wan't to travel outside of England to have the op. it would have added difficulty and stress to the picture in my case. I liked the feeling of popping to a local hospital.

Offline jim2509

• Posting Member
The fact still remains that there are many people who have come here for genuine help and for what ever reason cannot afford the ridiculous average UK £4500 price tag and are looking for alternatives. They get warned off looking for cheaper alternatives abroad with stupid scare stories and yep you guessed Karidis is then forced down their throat...hardly helpful and it's blatantly obvious these people have an agenda. These people cringingly refer to themselves as 'Karadites'..yep that's correct. This board was set up to support people with Gyno, to provide them with as many options as possible to suite their circumstances..NOT to promote one surgeon over another, or have people on behalf of others swamp the board in self promotion, again we've all seen what the reality is. 

Offline adamj

• Silver Member
The fact still remains that there are many people who have come here for genuine help and for what ever reason cannot afford the ridiculous average UK £4500 price tag and are looking for alternatives. They get warned off looking for cheaper alternatives abroad with stupid scare stories and yep you guessed Karidis is then forced down their throat...hardly helpful and it's blatantly obvious these people have an agenda. These people cringingly refer to themselves as 'Karadites'..yep that's correct. This board was set up to support people with Gyno, to provide them with as many options as possible to suite their circumstances..NOT to promote one surgeon over another, or have people on behalf of others swamp the board in self promotion, again we've all seen what the reality is. 

I don't think that anyone on the forum is representing anyone apart from themselves and their own experience. It just happens that the majority of these good experiences are with the most popular and well respected surgeons in our home country. I have certainly not got an agenda but for curing my own condition and providing my experience to others. I have never seen the word 'Karadite' and would definitely ask someone to kill me if I ever used it. I think what you're saying isn't correct. I'm pretty sure I could name a few other users that would agree.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
I couldn't really afford it either, but I guess the saying "You get what you pay for"  When matters of your own health life and safety are at stake, really rings true. Each to their own though jim mate, if you are happy with your result, fine, tell us all about it in a lengthy log so we can see for ourselves.  No point coming on with sour grapes with nothing to back it up but two pics and a bad attitude.

And why are you going on so much about cheaper surgery abroad, in a forum clearly labelled "UK" inside a post clearly labelled "need help choosing surgeon  UK"  So that makes your case in point entirely irrelevant on this thread mate. 

Karidite! Ha love it, and proud to be one..so are the others Levickians?  

adamj is bang on, no one on here is representing anyone but themselves and real experiences, logs etc and help from members are what has snowballed Karidis' workrate, and good for him.  

I drive a Mazda, but if I could afford a Porsche, I'd have one!

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
What Mazda?

Back on topic - choosing a surgeon must be a decision you make entirely yourself. This should be based on convenience more than anything. Obviously you can take information away from the site as you please but the best thing to do it get a consultation and be happy with your own choice.

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Here here ;)  Rx8 231 mate.

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Great choice! Proper drivers car.

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
I think you're being a bit unreasonable here Jim. The forum is intended to be a source of information, for people with any questions or queries regarding gyno. But there are many sub categories, including one entitled 'Europe'. This section is entitled 'UK', so naturally, conversation is about surgeons based in the UK (with the exception of the multiple threads about your experience in Belgium) and they tend to be based on the two most commonly used surgeons in the UK. It's not surprising really, is it?

One could even make a claim that you were pushing The Singleberg Clinic down users throats, with multiple threads on various boards.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
@wingman - Yeah they are mate, time for mine to go soon though had it nearly 3 years, can't drive passed a petrol station still but few things wearing now and they are notorious for compression issues in later life.  I won't miss 30 mile to a tenner, that's for sure ;)

Offline jim2509

• Posting Member

I think you'll find the main logs I posted were whilst I was in Belgium and if I recall were requested by forum members, so they had an up to date log on how my experience went. Lol..why the hell would I have sour grapes, I saved myself about £2500 and had safe, top quality treatment and results. As for promoting Singleberg, yeah righto. I've had people sending me PM's asking for pics, prices and observations on results, I personally spent a long time asking others on this board about various surgeons before my treatment, the whole process took about a years worth of research before I made a decision and not everyone kissed 'Karadis' backside I can tell you. End of the day there's an agenda on this forum, we all know it. I'll just keep helping those who can't afford the UK prices and rather than sit depressed for ever and a day stressing about trying to afford surgeons like Karadis, they can go to an equally good one that's just as, if not more safe and alot cheaper. You don't have to thank me, I get that from those who PM me.   

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024