Author Topic: Surgery Dr. Karidis 31/01/13 Complete- Diary and Pics - DAY 1 to DAY 32 PICS  (Read 9570 times)

Offline theITguy

• Posting Member
Surgery Dr. Karidis 31/01/13 Complete- Diary and Pics - DAY 1 to DAY 32 PICS
PICS UPLOADED AT LONG LAST - PAGES 2 AND 3.. .SO FAR

Hi Guys

Well I have been reading this forum for years now and basically only one thing draws any man to read a forum like this.. The dreaded moob issue.  Needless to say it’s an understatement to call it a frigging nightmare.  It’s a condition that ruins any chance of doing the normal things in life.  Holidays with friends in your teens and 20’s, forget it, relationships and general normal activities are all avoided like the plague.  Summer is dreaded..  Even the material your clothes are made from need to be checked and most t-shirts are a no no..   Basically one big fucking depressive sigh...

So.... here I am, 32 now and saved the funds for some ‘work’ and after reading the all forum posts here and the ‘just do it and get it over and done with’ and ‘you won’t regret it’ quotes I have decided on letting Dr. Karidis do the honours.   Must say a massive thank you to all the guys that have ever posted here, it is so reassuring to know you aren’t alone and other people are going through the same shit.

This was never a rushed decision I have been reading and studying this Dr. Karidis’ (and other surgeons) work for years and barely found any negativity written about Dr. Karidis.  He obviously works to a high standard and it seems never falls from that high standard.  With any cosmetic surgery as that’s really what it’s classed as, you really need to research and find a surgeon that knows his stuff and Dr. Karidis certainly does.

Consultation - I went for a consultation in Nov 2012 and he seemed like a nice guy and a typical surgeon to be honest.  Frank and to the point which is exactly what’s needed.  My mind went blank for questions as he seemed to know what was needed so anything would have been just reassurance.  He did the examination and some prodding and I was done.  I then went and had bloods done there and then as I am away so much I just didn’t have any other option.  £147 though.. ouch and another ouch having it taken.  Complete rip but that’s private health care for you.

I chatted with Nicola after the consultation and she was really nice and professional.   She answers all my emails quickly and patiently.  Once surgery gets booked they must get a load of questions emailed that are more for reassurance than anything else.  I had to come from Europe as my work has taken me away from the UK for a time.  So all the other posts about planning travel, well let’s just say I plan mine to the millisecond.  I used the euro star and got the cheapest fare (€45 one way) and travelled in 200mph comfort, and then hit the tube and was there..  easy enough.  Strange as it was easier and maybe quicker than it would have been if I was actually at home on the south coast of the UK.  

Right down to the surgery details - I am having male chest reduction with lipo to flanks and abs area.  I have exercised for years.  So much so in fact I have done my back and knee in terribly.  This while trying to get rid of my gut and flanks. (I am 13st 2lb and 6ft) I knew full well the moob fat wasn’t going to go, well the bit you need to that is.  Also my nipples are puffy and stick out and its a curse.  It seems if anything working out makes it more prominent.   So I landed a decent job and could save some cash quite quickly and was never in any doubt I was going to book this.  I thought while im there just why not just get rid of the extra fat on my sides and front and its all done in one go.  Happy days are ahead.

Cost -  £4850 – This is Dr. Karidis fee and is all in for everything from beginning to end.  Remember I am having more done than just chest.  Hospital fee is an additional £1823. For me this is all a massive one off so thought I would get it all done and dusted.  Then look forward to my summer holiday and being able to chill without always needing to cover up.

Dates and accommodation
- I am booked for surgery on the 31st Jan 2013 and have to be there at 7am - grrr.  I hate mornings but best to get it over with asap.  I am getting into St Pancras on the 30th Jan and have a hotel for 2 nights with my better half meeting me in London.  Decided on 2 days in London as to take it as easy as possible then home for 2 weeks in the UK..  This snow better not screw things up.  This has all been very much planned in advance.  My ticket and hotel were all the cheapest possible.  I used booking.com and got a 4 star hotel down the road from the hospital for 100 pound for 2 nights – quality (this was 2 months in advance). .  It’s usually 175 plus for 1 night and looks plush for somewhere nice to chill out and recover.   Also booked train to home in UK and this was 15 quid instead of possible 50 on the day or close to the day.

BOOK EVERYTHING IN ADVANCE AS SOON AS YOU KNOW YOUR DATES AS IT WILL SAVE SO MUCH.

I will be posting pics and giving a constant update as its the least I can do seeing as I have read so many stories on here I thought it only right to share my experience.   I am fully prepared for all recovery issues from reading here over the years... so here goes.... see you on the other side in a few days.
(Sorry this was an essay, I always said I would keep it short as I only skip to pics and read a few of the posts but you never know, someone might want to read all this :-)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 02:11:10 PM by theITguy »

Offline thisonehere

• Posting Member
Re: Booked with Dr. Karidis 31/01/13- Full Diary and Pics
All the best. Its getting close now, you must be pretty ecited (and nervous!)
I'm 16 and hoping that I can find a trusted surgeon to operate on me, as some refuse to do it on under-18s for some bizarre reason. I'd like it done before uni so I can make the most of it.
I'll keep a keen eye on your progress. Good luck.

Offline theITguy

• Posting Member
Hi Mate (thisonehere)

As you are only 16 i can see why surgeons would maybe want to wait as you are yet to fully finish growing i suppose.  But Its good that you are on the case early, i just waited and waited and hid it as much as possible. Also didnt have this forum when i was 16.  

I do remember it ruining my school days quite badly as it started at 12/13 yrs old for me.

I can certainly see the pro's to getting it done before uni and if you can mate just go for it.  I will say that Dr. Karidis is a great surgeon and at the top of the game in the UK when it comes to this procedure.  If you can get a consultation (£75 cost) with him even now he will cover everything with you.  At least it would put your mind at ease and you can plan for the future.

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Congrats on booking and all the best for the surgrey mate.

Make sure you look after yourself after it and take things easy, the addition of the other lipo with take it out of your body for the first couple of days i would think.

Offline theITguy

• Posting Member
Thanks sjwsjw its been a long time coming.  Can hardly believe its just round the corner.

I know its going to be tough so booked 2 full weeks off work.

I will be posting pics of before and after when its all done. 

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
Good luck, just had my flanks done, can't wait to see what the results are like. Also had a nipple scar revision. (Went in on 24th).

Will update thread with pics in due course!

Offline theITguy

• Posting Member
Hi Mate, just read your post. wow you seem to have been on a bit of a journey. can only really admire your determination to get everything sorted out. 

Im having my flanks done too and my abs and the area just above abs so its 3 additional areas and the chest/ moob. As is similar with what i read on yours, it just seems impossible to shift with cardio alone.  This is really the only way to get rid of those stubborn bits of fat.  Am seriously hoping this makes the front of my body look nice and flat. 

From all the posts i have read on here i know it will be an improvement and Karidis is the guy to do this. 

Offline theITguy

• Posting Member
Re: Booked with Dr. Karidis THURSDAY 31/01/13- Full Diary and Pics to follow
Well peeps, i am heading to London tomorrow and then into surgery on Thursday morning.  I havent been feeling to great to be honest.  I think it may be a bit of apprehension and nerves as never had any type of op before (so actually shitting myself a bit if im honest)

If anything the small issues people report on here seem magnified more than ever.  

All the posts on here have been great though.  I just hope to have the results 99% of you guys have had with Dr. Karidis.  Its all paid and done so no turning back now.. not that i would want to.  Time to rid myself of this curse and look forward to a nice tshirt free summer holiday :-)

I will be updating with pre and post op pics in a few days.  possibly next week as not sure how im going to be feeling.

See you all on the 'other side'.. :-)

Offline trashed

• Posting Member
Good luck mate, you will be a week ahead of me. I am sure you will do fine, just look at some post op pictures on his website to put your mind at ease. Don't forget to post some pre and post op photos :)

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Good luck mate, it's always less dramatic then you think. Don't sweat it these people deal with this everyday  :)

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
How did it go?? You must be fast asleep??  Wish all a speedy recovery.

Offline theITguy

• Posting Member
Re: Booked with Dr. Karidis 31/01/13- Full Diary and Pics (OP COMPLETED)
Hi guys

Thanks for the 'good lucks' :-)  much appreciated.

I havent been feeling amazing so will try and keep this short.  I have some pics and will upload soon. 

I got to hospital ok and was shitting myself, had the op and the GA just knocked you down so you dont feel a thing or know anything thats happening.

I did have my flanks and abs done and this is a shock to see all this gone.  I have had quite a bit of leaking here and its not nice at all.  quite worrying but its normal.  Just when its actually you its happening to its quite terrifying to be honest.

I stayed in london for an extra night in a hotel as didnt want to rush back.  So got back home yesterday afternoon.  Then took all the padding and vest and waist corset thing off.  The vest itself isnt so bad but as i have had abs and flanks lipo'd as well this waist wrap which is so restricting.  I did almost feint when i took it off.  I had to lay down and everything went very bright and blurry.  I seriously wasnt expecting that.  just the blood being able to flow again and it knocks you down for a min or 2.   

I cant say i have had the wow factor at all.  i showered and this was a struggle i just got muself cleaned slightly and let water wash over me.  I am battered and bruised and not feeling great at all.  but once i took the plasters off my nipples i was shocked at how creased and indented they are.  Not happy at all and quite concered.  The pectorial area is so flat and not the best of shape and almost too flat.   

Any guys on here had the same and some reassurance would be just the medicine.  In honestly i am thinking what have i had done...    I have read the forms and they say to expect this but again when its actually you its more of a panic.

I will shower again later this afternoon and see how it looks.  just know its a long road but really is an emotional rollercoaster and i thought i was prepared.  I really dont think you can ever be. 

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Your chest will 'spring back' after a while without the vest on (but don't stop wearing it). As you realised once you took the vest off, that thing is tight, and it needs to be. It's doing its job restricting swelling  :) Your nipples will look creased you've just had a big part of your chest removed over the space of minutes. The skin will react to that with the help of the vest and over the space of time once the vest is gone. Best advice for the first couple of weeks is to not look at it too much tbh. It will look pretty ugly for a while but once the bruising goes its not so dramatic looking.

Just look after yourself, take things easy and your body will sort itself out pretty quickly.

On a better note the surgery is done and you're on your way, congrats  :)

Offline theITguy

• Posting Member
Sjwsjw.  Thanks mate.  Sometimes you just need to hear some reassuring words. I feel a bit better now. Just my range of movement is totally restricted mainly due to compression vest.  I am not going to pay much attention to what out looks like for the next couple of weeks.  No matter what you read on here it all goes out the window when its actually you.. 

Pics will be uploaded when i got them all sorted and a few days with to compare.

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
-theITguy- I had surgery a week prior to you and when I first took everything off I was like WTF! My skin was creased, it was saggy, and just generally ugly! Let me assure you that your chest will improve. I'm about 10 days post op and a 100% turnaround from day one till now.

Don't pay to much attention for a week/days.. That's when the big change happens :)
Good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024