Author Topic: A new type of Surgery with Dr. Solomos  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Tonytony

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,

So I have my surgery on the 1st of March which will involve some skin removal, lipo and glandular removal. As there will be skin removal, my surgeon is using an uncommon method that he has done around 35 times so far.

It involves cutting a 'donut' of skin from around the nipple, and then bringing the other skin forward and stitching it with gortex suture which will remain underneath permanently to hold it all together.

While he has done this successfully 35 times and the scarring is minimal, I am a little daunted by the fact that I will have the stitching under my skin for life. What if it breaks at some point 20 years down the line.

Was just wondering if anyone here has gone through this type of surgery or know anything more about it. He seemed really relaxed and confident about it but I could do with some reassurance.

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member
I saw a surgeon who wanted to do the same to me. It seemed a little extreme and I went to see Mr Levick who suggested that skin removal should be done at a later date unless it was obvious pre op that it would be needed. Post op skin removal would be from a specific area rather than a donut which can cause pulling if the nipple making its appearance possibly stretched or bunched.

I opted to not have removal and it looks like I won't need any removed in the future.

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
A surgeon wanted to do this to me last year.. It sounded barbaric so I walked away lol.. I mentioned at the consultation with Dr. Karidis and he was 100% against it. He did however tell me to wear the vest for longer than normal as he hopes this will help my skin. I've heard many great things about dr solomos so maybe he knows what his doing and we're all just panicking :) good luck

Offline Tonytony

• Posting Member
Hi guys, thanks for your reply.

It was determined in my first consultation with the Doc that I would need skin removal, as there were stretch-marks and without some removal, I would end up with a droopy chest.

The stitches would be very small and I would soon forget about them, but having something like that in me for life is a strange thought, but Dr. Solomos seemed very confident and said it leaves very little scarring as compared to other methods.

I am going to try and see if I can get in touch with one of the previous patients and see what his experience has been like.

This has me a little worried though
I mentioned at the consultation with Dr. Karidis and he was 100% against it.

This has me a little worried - another surgeon was 100% against it?

Still a little unsure about it, but I reckon I will give it a go.

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
He was against it in my case.. Remember that each case is judged independently. Given my age (20) the dr was against skin reduction..he said that wearing the vest for longer than the usual recommended time would be beneficial to me :) be confident

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024