Author Topic: Gyno Surgeons that offer financing?  (Read 4082 times)

Offline autechre

I've got a full-time job, but I'd like the get the surgery done in the next few months and that makes saving a little harder than would normally be expected. (Actually, is it even possible to get an appointment within that amount of time?)

I'm 20 and have never had a summer where I could enjoy not wearing a hoodie so it'd be great if I could get this done.

So, I've read stories here about Levick and Karidis (read through Levick's website as well) and I want to go with one of them, which makes the price around £4k. Do they offer anything like a half up-front payment? If not, my only alternatives are a bank loan or swallowing my pride and asking my parents, which I don't really want to do.

Thanks in advance for any help - I'm excited to take this next step in improving my body. I was clinically obese 2 years ago, and a lot of hard work has brought me here... It's just the moobs left!

Offline 3rdTimeLucky (Dave)

• Bronze Member
Hi there, Levick via the BMI hospital offer a BMI card which is really good.

bmihealthcare.co.uk/hp-pricing/hp-bmicard

You can loan in multiples of £1000. I loaned £3K and payed the rest on my debit card.
You have to pay back a minimum of 5% the remaining balance on the account in monthly, but you can also pay off as much as you like. The first 6 months are interest free so if you can manage it its best to pay off as much as you can afford before then interest kicks in.

I obviously went with Levick so if any questions let me know, the staff are really good at the BMI hospital and the food menu is decent.
Currently 5 weeks post op now and still got a fair amount of healing to do!

Hope this helps.

Offline adamj

• Silver Member
Hi Authechre (also a fan!),

This is my first post since January the 7th. I wasn't planning on writing tonight but when I read what you wrote I felt I had to.

"If not, my only alternatives are a bank loan or swallowing my pride and asking my parents, which I don't really want to do."

I cannot recommend enough that you do this.

Please see my thread. That one text I sent to my parents has changed my life.

Adam.

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Hi Adam  :)

I agree, if not just from a funding issue. Tell your parents. If you can't tell them who can you tell.

I wasn't going to tell anyone about my surgery until it was done and I'd come round to the idea. I had a change of mind and told my mum. She didn't fund it because I didn't ask but having her understand what I was doing and explaining my past behaviour because of my gyne made her realise what it ment to me. Her support was a weight off my mind while I was arranging the surgery and then the early days of healing.

The thought is always worse then the reality.

Offline nonsense

I had around 3k saved and I really wanted to get the surgery asap, so I got a credit card with a 15 month interest free period. I put the hospital fees and the blood tests on it. I think this is a lot better than getting an actual loan. But I would only suggest doing this if you are absolutely sure you'd be able to pay it all in time - credit cards can be a bitch if you're not careful. ;)

I also agree that you should consider telling your parents. I was trying to keep my surgery a secret from all my friends, but realised that this is a part of my life now. I'm not running around telling everyone but I did share with my closer friends. They were actually a lot more supportive and understanding than I thought. There was almost 0 ball busting. :) I had a problem and I dealt with it. The people that matter will understand.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024