Author Topic: Do I have Gyno or just puffy nipples?! Much needed response!  (Read 16075 times)

Offline Quintin4187

Ok most of this all started happening when ibwas around 13 or 14 i statted to notice my nipples would hurt or be sensitive to touch. Im 17 now still suffering from the large puffyness look of my nipples their is a small (about 1 inch wide) hard lump or ball of which i belive may be fat or a gland not really sure ive researched here an there but havnt really completly understood what i haver how to diagnose it. Im not fat by any means rather skinny if anything im out 5'11" 150lbs and have been lifting pretty serious for about 6 months or so since i hear it could be cause by fatty tissue. I was wondering if any of you guys out there could give me some insight on what im deling with exactly any cures ways to help it? I can actually pinch my nipples and they will shrink and look normal for about 30 secs but then fade ack into puffyness cold showers the same i havesome pics of it if that will help? Please help its very embarresing for me in public thanks guys id appreicate y help possible :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 04:31:29 AM by Quintin4187 »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Very definitely you have puffy nipples on an otherwise very trim and athletic body.  Given the fact that you have had it for at least a few years, it is highly unlikely that they will spontaneously disappear by waiting longer.

Feeling for hard or soft tissue is a fool's errand -- nothing can be gained by this.  In patients that I have seen just like you, the puffiness was due to breast tissue, which can feel soft or firm.  Thinking it is soft and therefore it is fat and that fat can be dieted or exercised away is also fallacious -- it can't.

Your options:  live with it and perhaps disguise it with a snug compression garment.  Or, consider surgery to remove it permanently.  If you opt for the latter, make sure you consult with an experienced gyne surgeon.  These procedures, seemingly simple, are just not simple -- just witness the laments of many guys on this forum who have not had good results from "simple" surgery.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
As said - hard or soft doesn't matter. I'm very lean and mine were completely soft and squishy.

Getting down to 130 and working out every day did nothing but make it more pronounced.

Yours looks relatively minor and could be concealed easily. Otherwise - comb through these forums about what procedures are available and peoples experiences.

Good luck!

Offline Quintin4187

Thanks for the responses guys youhave no idea how good it felt to find a site showing that other people have went through the same thing. What exactly is this csed fromthough i've tried researching it but if someone could explain in lame terms whats exaactly going on in my body? Is it caused from puberty like to much testosterone and etrogen levels trying to level out with the rest of my vody and why when their cold or i pinch them it cses them to look normal? Is their anyway to substain this look for maybe a longer extended period of time? Sorry for ll the questions just been worrying abouthis for sometime now and would rely love some insight. So is it gyno or no?

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
One thing I've learned from my time on this forum is that "GYNO" is pretty generic and covers a wide range of issues.

It's like saying "coffee" in a Starbucks. Sure - it starts there - but what are all the details - cream - no cream - Latte - expresso - etc etc...

So - Others can help you with the explanation you are looking for.

But what I learned from here is that some guys have full blown B, C, or D cup breasts and need to wear bras. And that is called Gyno.

Someone like you has a little something under your nipples, and it's also called Gyno.

I just had loose skin, with some fatty tissue under it that was keeping my nipples hanging down a bit off my pec, and it's called Gyno.

O btw -  I just read a thread on here in the last hour - I think it was Dr Jacobs that replied and he had a great explanation of why when you are cold they are not puffy. It was all to do with blood flow.

Just read lots. All the current posts are just as relevant as the older posts 20 pages ago. It's all the same issues, just different names as time goes by.

Everyone here is in the same boat one way or another. So ask questions too. Nothing is off limits here which is why this site and the members are so great.

Offline henry 41

• Bronze Member
Your chest is a perfectly normal chest with naturally large nipples, but still very much in the normal range. Millions of young men your age have nipples just like yours, but no one ever told them there was something wrong with their chests. You have stumbled onto this forum, where anyone with nipples that are not perfectly flat is considered to have gynecomastia, and so of course you believe you have it also. This forum will always be the way it is, because it is a forum for surgeons whose business it is to operate on male nipples, that is, if the "patient/victim" can be convinced to believe he has a deformity.

Those who have had the surgery and luckily weren't badly scarred are the greatest proponents of gynecomastia surgery. I do believe that the majority of surgical results are unsatisfactory, from my years of observation.

Before you decide to have surgery, you would be well advised to look at all of the "after" photos on this site - the horrors of surgery-scarred nipples, indented, inverted and concave results showing a truly freakish chest. You can remain with the normal chest you have, or, you can risk deformity from surgery.

Of course, there are many real cases of Gynecomastia on this website, but you do not have gynecomastia (woman-like breasts). You only have slightly large nipples which are completely normal in every way.

Just my opinion.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024