Author Topic: DENVER area, Two Topless Miles, June 15th  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
So all you lucky folks in Denver can come out and join in the fun as many as 500-1000 attendees at this event, anywhere from topless to fully nude.  Suitable costuming and body paint invited.  Vulcans, Klingons and other humanoids are invited as well as visitors of from various medieval kingdoms.  This is a chance to try some costumes you can't wear at many events, with chests and breasts and anything else in view. The pool and hottub use is nude, showers first.  For the price of a donation to Breast Cancer research, Sloan Kettering primarily, you can came have a day of fun where bodies are accepted without shame. This is a chance to see that a lot of the men have breasts too. Hope for a sunny day and bring your sunblock.

So all you guys who can't take your shirts off, come on out, bring a picnic lunch and your girlfriends, wives, sisters, mothers, fathers and friends.  See what real people look like under all those clothing.  I'll be there greeting people on arrival.  You can't miss me.  

COLORADO’S FIRST TOPLESS BREAST CANCER EVENT

Organizers Challenge Participants to Step Out of Their Comfort Zone to Support Breast Cancer Survivors

Denver, April 2, 2013 – Two Topless Miles on June 15, 2013 will be the first breast cancer fundraising event of its kind in Colorado.  Not the typical walk or gala ball, the event promises a unique, fun, and safe way to go topless while raising money for breast cancer research and awareness.   Two Topless Miles will be held at Mountain Air Ranch, Colorado’s Family Nudist Resort, just west of Littleton.    Since the event will take place entirely on the resort's private property, women will not have to worry about legal repercussions for being topless as in other more public venues.

Why Topless?  According to www dot breastcancer.org, there are more than 2.6 million breast cancer survivors in the US.  Aside from coping with the disease, most survivors deal with body image issues.  “We have many breast cancer survivors, both female and male, as members.  Because of the accepting nature of nudists, we’ve seen that our survivor members have far fewer body image issues,” said Amy Bathrick, a director for the Two Topless Miles non-profit and a member of Mountain Air Ranch.   “The chain of topless women and men, standing side-by-side, represents the belief that together we can rise above the emotional and physical scars of cancer and show that all women and men – small, large, lopsided – are beautiful.”

Two Topless Miles was also inspired by censorship activities on Facebook.  During the last year, Facebook has removed images posted by survivors of their tattooed and body painted breasts, resulting in a lot of negative feedback to the social media giant.  “It was distressing to see what happened to these courageous women on Facebook.  By posting their pictures, these women were proudly demonstrating that they had found a way to accept the changes to their bodies after the impacts of breast cancer, and then they were censored,” said Åsa Ahlgren, a director of the non-profit.  “We wanted to create a collaborative way for survivors, their families and their friends to say, ‘We’re all beautiful just the way we are.’  By holding the Two Topless Miles event on the private grounds of Mountain Air Ranch, we will provide a safe way for participants to ‘step out of their comfort zones’ and go topless without fear of censorship, while also raising money for important breast cancer research programs.”

Advanced registration is required at:  www dot ttm2013.myevent.com.  Participants can choose to be part of a two-mile long chain of smiling, top-free women and men and/or a 5K topless hike.  To add to the fun, participants are encouraged to use body paint or creative costuming to go along with their bare torsos.  Think painted scenes or designs, pink tutus, grass skirts, funny hats - with prizes awarded for the most creative.

Eighty percent of the proceeds from the event will go to the breast cancer research programs at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. The remaining 20% will be dedicated to the development of educational programs focused survivors and their families coping with body image issues as a result of breast cancer.

###

About Two Topless Miles:

Two Topless Miles is a Colorado non-profit corporation established in January 2013.  Federal 501(c)3 status is pending.  Its mission is to hold fun, non-traditional events benefiting national charities focused on health and a positive body image.  For 2013, its emphasis is on breast cancer research and awareness.

Mountain Air Ranch is Colorado’s Family Nudist Resort, located near Tiny Town, just west of Littleton.  Established in 1934, Mountain Air Ranch (MAR) is a member of the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR). MAR has been voted the friendliest resort twice, from among 200 clubs nationally. There are over 460 members, including men, women, and children of all ages. Nationally recognized for their Family Program, there are over 50 children that participate with parents and grandparents in organized events every month.

http colon //blogs.westword.com/latestword/2013/04/topless_breast_cancer_fundraiser_mountain_air_ranch.php

hammer

It sounds like a great reality check as far as seeing that no one has a perfect body under all those cloths!

I wish you all the best of luck with a great turn out and great amount of funds raised as well!

God bless to all!

Bob

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
It sounds like a great reality check as far as seeing that no one has a perfect body under all those cloths!

I wish you all the best of luck with a great turn out and great amount of funds raised as well!

God bless to all!

Bob

Hi Bob,

While we want a lot of folks to actually show up in the body, we don't object to donations.  Why are there not even a few guys willing to come out and find out that there are lots of guys with breasts of all different sizes, just as there are women with breasts of all sizes.  Are so many people so sold on the idea of body shame and self generated misery that nobody can consider coming out at a nudist club where everybody has already seen it all.  There isn't a safer place for bodies to catch some fresh air and sun (if you dare, wear sunblock for protection).  As one young single lady told me while vacationing at a nudist resort, "Once you have vacationed nude there is no going back".  Once freedom is experienced who wants to go back to the old straightjackets.

It's a same you don't live closer and bring a whole contingent with you.  There are plenty of camping sites available for those who would like to make it part of a week long vacation.  With Dr Allen right here in Denver, one would think that there are plenty of guys concerned with breasts in the area.  Why is there so much fear. 

At 20 I went skinny dipping with all my friends.  It was a good reality check for everybody.  And here, for the price of a donation for Breast Cancer research a person can spend all day at no further cost and explore a genuine nudist club, explore the mysteries of the sauna and hot tub, swim in an 85 degree pool and hike for miles in the hills.

hammer

Alchemist, is the web sit where I will need to go to give a donation or is there another address?

Debbie and I just talked it over and we will be making a donation in May! I just need to be sure I know where to send it.

I hope that others will join us as well, as breast cancer touches both men and women and there has been many of us here on this forum that have had to had mammograms and will need to continue to have them.

Bob

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Bob,

Yes, the website of the event itself has a place to designate donations.  80% of the money raised is going to Sloan Kettering Memorial Cancer Hospital for cancer research and the balance to another.

With about 410 men dying each year of breast cancer and 2240 new cases each year in the USA alone.

http colon //www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/malebreast/HealthProfessional/page1

A new study published last week in Breast Cancer Research suggests that male breast cancer has gradually increased over the last 15 years... For example, in the U.K., the numbers rose from 0.4 cases per 100,000 men to 0.6. Similarly, they went up from 0.5 per 100,000 to 0.8 in Canada, our nearest neighbor.

http colon //news.menshealth.com/man-survives-breast-cancer/2011/10/12/

In case nobody has noticed breast cancer RATE per 100,000 men has gone up about50% in the last 15 years.

Some late onset, after 50 or so, gynocomastia can be caused by cancer or a common cause that also causes the changes leading to growing breasts.

Mountain Air Ranch is one place that all you young guys (and older too) who are fearful of taking your shirts can do so without shame amongst hundreds of others doing the same.  And all you guys with flat chests are welcome as well.  Come out and support breasts health now just as the young ladies came out and were athletic supporters for football and basketball back too many years, in some cases, in school.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I find it sad that nobody here can even consider a psychological solution to a psychological problem.  The current state of body shame is sad in itself.  Having people hating their bodies is a good road to health problems.  In it's variations it leads to eating disorders, depression, withdrawal and social fears.  Learning to be accepting of your body can bring joy, literally.  There was a book written about the nude psychotherapy and encounter groups of the 70s and 80s.  It was effective.  I know a bunch of men with gynecomastia.  What does it mean in their lives?  Nothing at all.  They can't wait to get out to the nudist club to take all their clothing off, freed from the burdens and shames of textile world.

For years I was bullied in school and out in society because I weighed too much.  Having breasts added to that in a specific way but was only a tiny part of it.  At 65 I'm never going to be the attractive young man I never was.  Getting chunks of your bodies cut off won't cure body shame.  Most people find something else.  Many are never satisfied.  Addiction to plastic surgery is a new affliction for out modern times.  Growing breasts were not under my control.  For obscure metabolic reasons neither was being fat but that is not how I was treated.  I was treated like a food addict.  Most were genuinely surprised to see that I rarely ate more than 1500 calories a day.  Being thought to be an out of control eater when it wasn't true was what really bothered me.  In the supermarket they didn't look at my breasts in a condemning fashion, it was at all those things in my cart and my stomach behind it.  And we ate well qualitatively.  You've seen the guys with breasts who can run around without their shirts.  How much problem do they actually have?  There is an occasional double take if you have d-cups.  I had a few bullies say things.  These days I reply in some way making them look ridiculous in front of their friends.  That NEVER happens at a nudist club.  Nobody cares.  Everybody is quite aware that they don't have perfect bodies.  Nobody does, even those who might look like they are perfect physically.  As was written about 60 years ago the more depressed and neurotic the person the more faults their body was reported by them to have and the unhappier they are about it.

What bothered me for a long time was conceding control of what I felt like and what I "could" or "could not" do to a bunch of bullies and idiots.  And I am sure not going to spend $10k for surgery, and it's risks, because I don't meet some bully's opinion of how I look and never will, even after surgery.

Now I go where I want and do what I want. I don't hide. That is freedom.  I've started getting thumbs up from other guys with gyne for just wearing a tee-shirt and not being baggy, overly hot with many layers or slumped over shoulders.  Lose your fear and shame. Take back control of your life. It's a happier way to live.  Practice Alchemy, change yourself and support a charity at the same time.

I started doing the nudist thing as a teen.  We had the 50hp ski boat (35 mph is plenty fast) and two floats with plenty of air mattresses and other water toys.  When the choice was skinny dipping and nude skiing or no skiing, the bullies stayed away and everybody else got nude.  We all had fun and being nude is the great equalizer.

Maybe you don't like to swim, hot-tub, sauna. paddle tennis, bocci, dances and parties, hiking, massage, dinners, BBQs, pot-lucks, hanging around and be social, sit out in the high pines meditating and all the other things.  My partner and I work on computers so we both take our work with us and do our work with a view out over the canyon listening to the birds and watching the birds, foxes, deer and other animals. 

Most people adjust comfortably in hours.  Coming out to take off a shirt or everything if desired to experience the freedom and support breast cancer research in a fully friendly family environment, an environment of acceptance.  It's a good way to deal with your feelings of nonacceptance.  You can learn acceptance and self acceptance by experiencing it.   If you are in the Denver area do come out and get some sun and support a worthy cause as well as taking a step towards accepting yourself. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024