Author Topic: gynecomastia or not?  (Read 1468 times)

Offline rahulc36

Hello, I am a 20 year old male living in West Hartford, Connecticut.  I have had gynecomastia for the last several years after taking psychiatric medications for Tourette's/OCD.  It may also be pseudo-gynecomastia.  What do you think?  This condition has really affected my self-confidence.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I took some meds for anxiety and to help quit alcohol. It made mine worse. What meds have you taken if you don't mind me asking?

Offline rahulc36

Risperidone, Luvox, Prolixin, Depakote, Tenex

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Looks like you got the nipples there. A good plastic surgeon can fix it. Yeah, them meds do a lot to us. I guess they could be helping you too. I wouldn't know.
Try to wear a compression shirt to hide it when you're in public. That's what most of us do. Some people are proud and let em swing in the wind. Don't let it get you down too much. A lot of people have it and its not just you. It is fixable.
Stay positive and make some plans that make you feel good. You can always read about eating healthy and exercise to get in great shape before you decide what you want to do. Call a plastic surgeon if you want and talk to them about it. Talk to your family Doc too.
Keep your chin up and charge life brother.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024