Author Topic: Surgery done by Dr Levick last week  (Read 1629 times)

Offline chris123

Hi,

I have lurked on this site for a while and it helped me decide to go through with the gynecomastia surgery. I just wanted to add my recommendation for Dr Levick at the priory hospital. I had the surgery a week ago today.

I'm sure i have a similar story to a lot of you who have found this site, i've always been self concious about the man boobs and puffy nipples, i tried quite intense diet and exercise regimes to no avail so i bit the bullet and booked myself in.

I waited about 2 weeks for a consultation, meeting Dr Levick was a pleasure. He's a very friendly man who talked me through everything then had a quick examination of my chest and advised he could help. I booked myself in for surgery immediately after the consulation for 3 weeks later, but there was no pressure to do so in any way.

Turning up for the surgery was nerve racking but all the staff i spoke to were reassuring and pleasant, I met with Dr Levick and the anaesthetist shortly after arriving then got changed into a gown, tights, paper underwear and a dressing gown. I then walked in for the surgery about 30 mins later, where Dr Levick drew on my chest. They then inject the anaesthetic and the next thing you know you're awake after the surgery. I didn't have any pain waking up and was told everything went as expected.

Once you've properly come round from the anaesthetic they wheel you back to your room where you'll stay until the following morning. They attach these air pads to your legs to keep blood circulating, and you have a fluid drain either side of you. I asked the nurse to help me go for a piss the first time, but found i was mobile enough to undo the air pads myself without any pain, keeping my arms at my sides, and you can carefully carry the drains with you. I slept until dinner, I felt really groggy until later at night, but comfortable enough to sleep. The nurses came really quickly and always seemed happy to help the couple of times i pressed the button they put by your bed.

The morning after, I met with the doctor and anaesthetist again then the nurses de-vacuum the drains then come back a while later to remove them. The most painful part of the entire experience was taking the tape out of my armpit hair! So nothing to worry about really.

I took the painkillers for a couple of days and have found that as long as i keep my arms low there's not much discomfort. I've lived in a zip up hoody and trackies for the last week and each day it's got easier to dress myself. I feel like i'd have been ok to go back to work (desk job) today if i'd had to but i've got until Monday off.

Today I took of the big dressing (i'd suggest taking your time taking it off if you can, i thought quick removal would be for  the best but it's taken a lot of my skin with it), the results are brilliant, i don't have much swelling - something i was expecting but Dr Levick advised i shouldnt. I have a flat chest now and my nipples look the same now as they used to when i pinched them. I'm really pleased with the results already. My chest is numb to touch, like pins and needles and i couldnt lie on my front yet, but I'm now sat here with the compression vest on and with no regrets.

I hope this helps anyone thinking about the surgery.

Chris

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
Congratulations Chris

It's a great feeling removing the dressings and seeing your new flat chest isnt it?

Offline chris123

Cheers Ricardo, yes it's fantastic!

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Congrats! - did you take some "before" pics, and hopefully you'll be taking plenty of "afters" to show off your new look!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024