Author Topic: Can someone help me understand if I have Gynecomastia  (Read 3192 times)

Offline mcrook40

I have had this since I has 13 years old I am now 26 years old. My nipples have always stuck out and I can feel tissue underneath the nipples. Even when I was in great shape in high school I had this problem. My wife has told me that she always noticed it but she just thought that it was just the way I am. I am going to see professional help, but I thought I would get some opinions. Also is it normal to have pain?

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Looks like you got it. I was telling my brother today how I just gave up on working out cause it wouldn't go away. I actually started getting fat to make my belly match.haha. Man, if you find a good plastic surgeon and get it fixed, you'll feel like the Six Million Dollar Man.
Go see the professional and let us know what you plan to do. With or without it, whatever makes you happy meet yourself there.
Good luck!

hammer

Yes, I agree you have it! I would say the pain is connected with the development. I had pain all the while mine were growing! I would think that you would need to get you hormones checked out first to find out why there growing before doing anything else, but that is my opinion.

Bob

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Two answers that are so good I have nothing left to say.
Grandpa Dan

Offline SEA2013

• Posting Member
I agree with hammer above. If you were always in fit shape and you developed enlarged glands like this, you should get your hormones checked.
The pain is common. I remember when I first started developing gynecomastia as a teen. Even someone brushing up against my shirt was painful.

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
why give up on working out if you have gyne? that's bullshit. sorry.

you workout as a lifestyle and you gotta be committed

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Well Im human and some times you lose your fire. I did regain it about 6 months before surgery. I only quit for about two years. Im almost 40. I started training Muay Thai when I was 13 and have trained for most of my life. Yeah I took a few years off after being dishearted but wtf would you know unless you walked in my shoes.

Good luck;)

Offline xelnaga13

Well Im human and some times you lose your fire. I did regain it about 6 months before surgery. I only quit for about two years. Im almost 40. I started training Muay Thai when I was 13 and have trained for most of my life. Yeah I took a few years off after being dishearted but wtf would you know unless you walked in my shoes.

Good luck;)

Ive been working out since age 13. Im 27 now and there were periods of 6-10 months where I would stop altogether. These were usually emotionally challenging periods. It was only until a couple years ago that I realized that my lack of exercise just compounded my emotional problems. Now I view exercise as a corner stone to my mental health.

I will say that gyne is a great demotivater in the gym. It's hard to be happy about progress when your chest never changes for the better.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
You can say that again. I also developed a alcohol problem. That was the worst. I was drinking for depression, then not working out. Had to kick that lifestyle. I think what annoyed me the most was trying to train while avoiding everyone. Wearing sweaters and jackets to the gym was a pain in the arse. I started hating it. Summer after summer!
I have a gym at my house also, a treadmill and heavy bags. That's been a life saver.
I was so over this crap I just lost motivation for a bit. I'm pretty bull headed so I wouldn't throw in the towel and I can understand anyone who goes through depression over this. Lifes about picking yourself up and trying twice as hard each time you fall.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have had this since I has 13 years old I am now 26 years old. My nipples have always stuck out and I can feel tissue underneath the nipples. Even when I was in great shape in high school I had this problem.

Yes, you definitely appear to have gyne.  Best treatment is with surgery by an experienced gyne surgeon -- do your homework and choose carefully.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024