Author Topic: Dr Alex Chambers surgery booked  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Sj

• Posting Member
Hi people ive decided its time to go have surgery for my gyno which has been troubling me throughout my life not being able to wear t shirts that I like and always feeling selfconsious about myself so now enough is enough.

I have booked my procedure with Dr Alex Chambers in 3 weeks time and it cant come around quick enough. Now I know im going to get mixed reviews about what surgeon to go with as pretty much everyone has gone with Dr Karadis.
I had 2 consultations with Dr Chambers she was very helpful and I felt relaxed with her and chatted away for a good 50mins telling me absolutely everything I wanted to know also showing me before and after pics of all the patients she has worked on similar size to me and the outcome of every one was amazing. Total cost is £4,000 with 4 follow up visits of 1 day, 3 day, 7 day, and 6, weeks.

Has anybody here heard of any bad experiences with Dr Chambers please let me know.

I know it is a bit late if there is as im going ahead with it anyway.

Thanks peeps

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Great that you're all booked! - will be very interesting to get a full review of a different surgeon from the 'big two'. Look forward to following your progress!

Offline Sj

• Posting Member
Thank you Donut. Im praying I have made the right decision and it turns out the way I want it to. I did not even know about this site until after I had paid the deposit for the op so part of me feels disheartened after everyone who has had the surgery went with karadis or levick and all with great results.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Well that's not to say there isn't many competent surgeons who could get a great result in what, on the face of it, seems a pretty straightforward procedure really.

I first heard of this as being a medical condition that could only be cured by surgery (rather than diet or exercise) 22 years ago I think, in a magazine article, before the Internet!  Then few years later another article mentioned Dr. Karidis, and he was "the man" as far as I was concerned. When I joined this forum it was pretty much 100% Dr K, but more recently seems to be 50/50 with Dr Levick.

I live halfway between London and Birmingham, so when I've saved up enough it will probably come down to who can get me under the knife first, as I would have 100% confidence in either of them from the many many stories on here.

Having said that, I am tending towards Dr L at the moment as his technique doesn't cut the nipple, so no chance of exterior scar there... But it's such a small cut that Dr K makes, it's hardly worth worrying about, and not seen any major scar problems in that respect.

What technique does Dr Chambers use? - seems to have more post-op check-ups than L or K, so that's one immediate difference.

I look forward to following your story, great to get full review of another surgeon / hospital and of course see the before and after photos.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024