Author Topic: Hairy Chest  (Read 2411 times)

Offline siqveland

• Posting Member
Hi guys

Im due to have my op this week under the NHS in Scotland...quick question...-->

I have a hairy chest....should i shave/trim it before the op???

thanks guys

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Good luck with the op.

As regards shaving your chest .. well I saw a post on here from someone who did that before having surgery privately with Levick.  Levick apparently uses sticky bandages and I would guess taking the bandages off with a hairy back or chest would be painful.  Perhaps you should ask the surgeon?

Keep us posted on how your op goes, and might I suggest that you tell us who the surgeon is and where he operates from?  If there are NHS surgeons out there who can do a good job then a lot of us would love to know who they are.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline GynePop

Hi Mate,

Good luck with your op.  I had mine nearly 4 weeks ago and the nurse shaved my chest hair on the day of the op so i shouldn't worry about doing it yourself before.

As for the dressings I had a large foam dressing with large adhesive strips all the way around.  This would kill if you had any hair beneath but you do get very itchy with the new hair growth!

Offline shaggy-dude

• Posting Member

I'm as hairy as it gets and Mr Levick luckilly took pity on me and just bandaged me up naturally, although to be honest it was a pain as they kept slipping and had to be retightened daily and I ended up with a ridge of hard tissue where the bandage had been on the underside.. which I don't think would have been so severe with a sticky bandage ..
sorted by the "levickmeister" april 14th 2005
pics here
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeAN2jdw0ctHDiY

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024