Author Topic: Surgery with Karidis 13/06/13 - [Full Details + Pictures] UPDATED  (Read 12852 times)

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member

So Ive had Gynecomastia since puberty, started off small and eventually in my late teens grew some more and one got bigger than the other (my right one). It's really ruined my teenage years, just from wearing T-Shirts during the summer, to going swimming, going on hot holidays. Just as many of you know effects your life in a huge way especially mentally, it's all I think about and look at in the mirror.

I'm now 21 and I finally built up the guts to talk to my family about it, brother first and then spoke to my mother. Luckily she offered to pay for it for me, which I had no intentions of happening so that was a huge bonus which I'm so grateful for especially as I understand some people don't have the money straight away for this kind of thing or have parents that can afford to pay out that kind of money rather quickly. So I feel very lucky. (Plus I can now still get my new TV I've been saving for that I was going to ditch to put the money into the surgery) ;D

I had my consultation 1 week after getting in contact Karidis office, which was great, they first said to me July 16th or something which was over a month, I asked for a earlier date and luckily got a cancellation slot. I went to that last Friday 7th June, and got a slot for surgery straight away for the following week, Thursday the 13th June (tomorrow), 6 days after. I feel like I got very lucky with how quick it's all happening and to be honest I'm barely getting a chance to even think about it as it's happened all so quick.

Consultation with Karidis was fine, as expected from other peoples comments, it was very quick, he shot through all the main points as I guess he has done it so often he knows exactly what main questions people ask, I barely had anything left to ask him after he finished especially as most of the stuff he told me I already know from these forums and other peoples experiences, he inspected my Gyne, said it should flaten up nicely as I have a nice chest underneath (I'm sure he says this to everyone). And that was it, no longer than 10-15mins. Very nice guy though (I would be too if I was doing over 100 surgeries a year for £2000 +. Guy is rolling in it.

The latest updated prices for everything as of June 2013 are as followed:

• Consultation fee: £75 (goes to charity)
  • Blood test fee: £146 (if you get it through the hospital, if you have time you can get it through the NHS just go see your doctor)
  • Karidis fee: £2940
  • Hospital fee: £1483

Total: £4644

If you don't pay Karidis fee in full when booking you have to pay atleast £1000 deposit, obviously if you book with surgery within 1 week from consultation full amount of Karidis is due on that day of booking. Hospital fee can be paid the day before or on the day via telephone. If you book it with weeks until surgery you must pay the hospital fee 5 days before surgery and Karidis fee 15 days before.

Anyway that's it really, I have my op tomorrow so I expect I'll be back on here on Friday with some post-op pics when I have a shower after the first 24hours (I also hope I can make it to the cinema to see Man of Steel on Friday, might try get my best friend to take me if he doesn't have any work on). Below you will see my pre-op pics that I took last week at home (horrible), along with some pictures of Karidis office from when I went to my consultation.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 11:33:27 AM by KSS24 »

Offline g3579

• Bronze Member
Good luck for tomorrow!!  Hope it all goes swimmingly well.

Looking forward to hearing your update and seeing your pics.

{PS I saw him for my consultation this morning.  As you say, he is a very nice chap :)}

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
Good luck for tomorrow!!  Hope it all goes swimmingly well.

Looking forward to hearing your update and seeing your pics.

{PS I saw him for my consultation this morning.  As you say, he is a very nice chap :)}

Thanks man, hopefully all go to plan. I'll be updating here regular.

That's cool man, have you booked up any surgery yet or have any dates in mind that are available?

Offline g3579

• Bronze Member
Yes I have indeed.  Don't want to take over your thread though, but I just updated mine if you want to have a read :)

Best of luck for tomorrow - how exciting :)

Offline Era

• Silver Member
Very nice well made out post mate i will be following your story for sure!

Make sure to shave your chest and abdomen and trim back your armpits. The blue padding they put on you is stuck on so good i couldn't imagine taking it off with hair ha. I say abdomen because its stuck slighly below your chest and i guess would look silly shaved up top hairy down low.

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
UPDATE: I made it guys... I'm out the other side, I'm finally home after one long ass day.

I was up at 6:30am and left my house at 7... Got there half hour early checked in, sorted all the paper work etc, and then as I was apparently 3rd or 4th I waited until 10:30 for Karidis to come mark me up and then didn't get taken down until 12 on the dot. I come around in the recovery ward at about 2:10pm, remember looking at the clock.

I absolutely hated the Anesthesia when waking up, it made me feel so tired and dizzy for a long time, I'm still a little bit out of it now at 9pm. I drunk too much water too fast as I was worrying about going a wee by 4ish as I was getting picked up between 4-5. Drinking all this water made me have to bolt out of bed after two sips of Soup and be sick into the toilet.

After I was sick, I felt a lot better, drunk and ate a lot slower, but didn't really eat much of my food by the time I had left. Felt bad leaving it (hate wasting food) but I spose I paid for it in the end.

Finally I left at just after 5pm with my Sister picking me u, took us 2 hours to get home through all traffic which was a nightmare, and her very HARD suspention in her Mini Cooper S wasn't very nice when hitting bumps and potholes but she was very careful with them and was dodging them most of the way home. People must of thought she was drunk haha!

So yeah I'm sitting on my PC now just thinking about having my shower tomorrow so I can finally see my chest. Waiting to see it now is killing me!!

I will post updates at some point this weekend with my pictures from tomorrows shower and photos I took at the hospital etc.

Very nice well made out post mate i will be following your story for sure!

Make sure to shave your chest and abdomen and trim back your armpits. The blue padding they put on you is stuck on so good i couldn't imagine taking it off with hair ha. I say abdomen because its stuck slighly below your chest and i guess would look silly shaved up top hairy down low.

YES I made that mistake man... I didn't think it was all sticky I just though it was all padding and bandages etc, so I only shaved round my nipples for the nipple plasters... I just realised about 1 hour ago it's all stuck to my LONG chest hair... So I'm going to kill two birds with one stone tomorrow and shave my chest with electric razor and peel it off as I do it so should end up all my hair stuck to them lol!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 05:39:20 PM by KSS24 »

Offline g3579

• Bronze Member
Congratulations!!

Hope you have a great sleep tonight - sounds like you need it - and looking forward reading your thoughts and seeing the pics on the weekend :)

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
Cheers guys, I slept all the way through without any wake ups which was nice, I was so very tired so I guess that's why. But I did only get 4/5 hour sleep, which I guess is average for most people the first night after surgery from what I've heard, think it's just the way you sleep, not completely upright in a 90 degree angle but leaning up between that flat and 90 degrees, somewhere in the middle.

Karidis said you only really need to do this the first night, yet the Nurse told me before I left that I should do it for a week. I don't like the way they contradict themselves quite a lot, can get a bit confusing especially when you are a bit of a worrier. But I'll try sleep like it for maybe another night or so just to be sure then go back to flat on my back.

I'll be showering around mid day today, so expect some pictures tonight probably when I get back from Man of Steel woop, lucky have a friend taking me during the day today! Time to eat, barely had a thing yesterday so I'm feeling pretty low on energy at the moment.

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
UPDATE (Day 1):

So I've made it through my first day OK, what makes this so uncomfortable I find is the vest, mine is rather right, especially when I've eat. When I had taken it all off and had a shower I felt so nice. I've only taken like 4 pain pills it doesn't really hurt tbh like other people have said, it's just numb.

Anyway, took me about 45mins to get off all the dressings and then half hour to awkwardly shower kneeling down in a bath as our proper shower room is being re-decorated so for a week I'm going to have to shower like that. Below are picutres of when I got the main dressings off before my shower (which were so horribly sticky, probably the worst part of this whole thing was getting those off), and some close ups of the surgical spots before I showered so you can see how barely visable they are evne on day 1, I wasn't sure what to expect, I thought there might actually be wide slits under my nipple that I'd be able to pear into lol. And then finally there are some pictures after my shower showing some nice angles. Enjoy.

At the moment I am very happy with my result... Such an amazing feeling knowing I have a flat chest now, but I am not happy with my nipples at the moment, I know todays result of them is going to be nothing like the final, but I think where my nipples were rather big and puffy there seems to be excess amount of nipple and screwed up, I can't see it going anywhere so I'd assume I'll probably just have slightly puffy nipples perhaps. Guess only time will tell, either way as long as the Gyne is gone and my chest is flat I couldn't care less about small puffy nipples.

What I found quite odd is that my right nipple had no leakage of fluids what so ever... And that was the gland that was much bigger so I thought perhaps that would be the one to get it as it would have had more work done to it, however my left smaller gland (much smaller in comparison to the right) had a tone of leakage through all the layers of the blue padding. Armpits didn't leak too much hopefully be no more leakage from nipples or armpits when I check next.

HOSPITAL PHOTOS

LOL THE SILLY COTTON SEE-THROUGH PANTS (DIDN'T WEAR THEM)

FINAL GYNE PICTURE

POST-OP DAY 1

LEFT ARMPIT LIPO

RIGHT ARMPIT LIPO

LEFT NIPPLE GLAND REMOVAL

RIGHT NIPPLE GLAND REMOVAL

AFTER SHOWER

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Awesome after shots mate, welcome to the other side. Life changing stuff indeed! Well done. Pics are good quality btw, expensive camera?

Offline Nips

• Bronze Member
keep the updates coming mate :) is interesting to see. I'll let you know once I've updated with my pics too. Four days out of surgery and seem to be ok. Pretty surprised by lack of pain! Fingers crossed my puffy nipples will be rid. Your results look good already so well done!

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
Awesome after shots mate, welcome to the other side. Life changing stuff indeed! Well done. Pics are good quality btw, expensive camera?

It is LIFE CHANGING! But as for now I really just want to get past the 1/2 week stage so I can get a bit more movement, although I feel like it's the vest that is actually restricting my movement quite a lot. I took it off for 15 mins before bed last night, and then 15 mins this morning when I woke up, I feel so much better with it off. I was actually told by Karidis Nurse that I don't need it on all the time it doesn't actually effect the results if you want to take it off now and then, it's just mainly there to reduce swelling. But I ain't taking no chances 15mins here and there is enough for me until 2 weeks.

The pictures of before the Op and what my Gyne looked like were with a decent camera, my brother took them for me. He will do the same angles and style pictures at some point in a week or so when he is back home for my birthday. The rest of the pictures are just taken on my iPhone 4s.

keep the updates coming mate :) is interesting to see. I'll let you know once I've updated with my pics too. Four days out of surgery and seem to be ok. Pretty surprised by lack of pain! Fingers crossed my puffy nipples will be rid. Your results look good already so well done!

Oh Nice so you had yours on the Tuesday was it? I could have had it done on that day too but that was just far too quick from Friday, so I did it for the following Thursday. Good to hear about yours though, I am also surprised by the lack of pain, I took my last pain killer yesterday around 3pm and haven't taken anymore since. So will probably not take anymore and just have a whole box sitting there. Thanks man defo happy with them so far, just disappointed in the lack my Peck muscles, I have none what so ever haha. I guess that's what happens when you don't go gym for the last 4 years. I was hoping to at least have a little line around the bottom to have a little shape but it's just completely flat, oh well, can't wait to get back to gym after recovery.

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
finally some pictures of the actual surgery!
brilliant thread & result, will definitely be following this one

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
finally some pictures of the actual surgery!
brilliant thread & result, will definitely be following this one

Yeah I just thought people would like to see close up detailed pictures of where the small cuts are. Honestly the under arms ones are nothing, amazing how they get fat out like that. Even the nipple ones really don't show unless you look very carefully at them, and that was 1 day post op. Can't wait to see what they look like when I take the plasters off in a week.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024