Author Topic: How long did your scar tissue stay with you???  (Read 3548 times)

Kris123

Hey everyone,

Can Anyone help me I'm dealing with the scar tissue phase of recovery,
So I'm curious on how long it will take to leave me?

Offline Boobicles

• Posting Member
I'm also in this phase and getting very concerned. Anyone got any answers?

Offline thetodd

I wrote a big bloody bible on scar tissue ages ago, but i cant find it heres a quick one i done a few weeks ago

first week is the honeymoon period. You come home after having the op, that's the hard part over and you go to bed. Wake up the next day, its all anticipation you cant wait to get the vest off and have a look. Vest comes off, and wow your totally flat its euphoric the emotions are overwhelming and you think that's it fixed time to get on enjoying life.

But a week or so later, things start to look a bit bumpy and that totally flat chest you had last week is starting to feel like a distant memory you login here to check your post op pics things are definitely getting worse. A few weeks pass, your nipples have shriveled up you cant feel sensation, scar tissue is beginning to form this is starting to feel like you've flushed £4k down the toilet

few months down the line, your looking in the mirror thinking Karidis hasnt done a thing. Your no better off than you were before, infact you feel it looks worse than before. Thoughts start to whirl around your head massaging is becoming more than a chore, its becoming slightly addictive and you swear you can see results directly after massaging.

The swelling and scar tissue goes, but it still doesnt look right no matter what people say. There is something missing you still dont feel comfortable. But at some point, maybe in a few months time maybe a year from now something just clicks in your head. The anxiety goes, and you feel a sense of closure you actually are gyne free. You dont need to hunch your shoulders, you can stand up right you can wear tight clothes and a weight is ultimately lifted off your shoulders. Sooner or later, you will reach this point and there will be some sort of trigger for it. For me it was going to see Karidis post op, i was pissed off at the time because he was telling me things i didnt want to hear. But on the way home on the train his words really resonated with me, and it made me feel so much better and id really recommend to any of Karidis's patients to go and see him if you have any doubts.

I could talk about post op recovery all day, its a massive mixture of emotions. And the problem is everyone (including me) blanks warnings regarding recovery because they think that wont happen to them. For some people, it doesn't and they are the lucky ones But recovery is definitely more of a mental recovery than a physical one.

But yeah, i suppose i didnt keep that short at all lol. But in summary it will get better ride out the waves you are not alone post op anxiety nearly everyone gets it but people dont document it because its hard to talk about it. It looks like swelling to me, its not missed gland or re occurrence.

May not be relevant to you guys, but dont overlook the mental side of recovery. There is no set time frame, go back to your surgeon and get it looked at if your concerned.

There are treatments like kenalog shots, but honestly very few people on here have had it carried out the only one that comes to mind is a guy called Kingboob. From memory he wasn't to impressed with the results from it. Karidis and Levick will do it for their patients, Levick does it for free and karidis charges. Levick will do it for non patients for a fee.

The recovery phase a bitch, a trip to your surgeon should put your mind at ease.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline 3rdTimeLucky (Dave)

• Bronze Member
I'm nearly 6 months post op and my left nipple is still a big lump and has not woken up as such.
Going to see early August and maybe get a kenalog shot, its pretty disheartening to be honest, but I've been under the knife 3 times so my anxiety for this to be done right is obviously a concerning issue...

Offline Nips

• Bronze Member
i'm four weeks in. Scar tissue was most evident a few days ago but seems to be subsiding slightly. Not as much pain now either apart from when I exert my self. Recovery is a big test to the patient. I think they should make this more clear before surgery! My left side had a bit more work done it, gland bigger etc, it's this side which my nipple has started to puff out on again. Not much but is there slightly; to anyone else it's probably nothing but when you've lived with this for 15 years you dread any sign of it returning!!! Fingers crossed it's just scar tissue pushing out as it wasn't like this two weeks back.

Still lot's of lumps and bumps and guess that'll stay for a month or two, or more!

I was worried at first but pretty sure it's normal.

Offline Boobicles

• Posting Member
I too am struggling with scar tissue amongst other issues! At least I think its scar tissue, its hard to tell. This was my third attempt and first time with Levick. At this time im hoping that I have a mass of scar tissue that is causing my problems but only time will tell. Levick says he generally only gives steroid shots at 6 months. Has anyone had them earlier? Im at the 4 month mark.

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
I don't think scar tissue goes away by itself, it certainly didn't with me and at the 11 month mark I've returned to Levick and he has given me shots on both sides.

My chest swelled up right after the shots, and in the last 8 days I can see improvement. Levick has told me to give it a month and return to him for more shots if necessary.

I can only echo Todd's advice concerning the mental recovery. Stay positive.

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline improving

• Silver Member
I didn't get any scar tissue. I'm 10 months post op. I had a few lumpy / squidgy bits by my armpits during about week 3 and 4 which i thought have have been scar tissue but went very quick.

Offline Myers

• Bronze Member
Is the scar tissue less if you don't have lypo or does it not matter?

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
I doubt it, I imagine it's more to do with the removal of the gland, as that's forcefully removed from your chest. However, I am not a doctor so I couldn't say for sure.

Overall I think it comes down to an individual basis. Some people will scar up more than others. My mother recently had stomach surgery and she is getting scar tissue. It's genetics.

Offline Nips

• Bronze Member
I'm pretty sure the scar tissue is from lypo. Individuals get it around the chest and peck area which is a far larger area than what the gland would cover. Although it can look bumpy to begin with it's meant to give a better long term result in combination with gland removal.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024