Author Topic: PHOTO UPLOADING  (Read 3927 times)

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
The standard on this site has dropped alot since i left a year or so ago,

Ive come back on to find i cannot upload pictures via photo hosting websites such as photo bucket due to the site not allowing outside website links as the doctors on here pay to advertise and you dont want outside non paying doctors recommended by the user on here. and cannot upload direct on the site due to some silly 128kb picture limit?

Sort it out your this site is meant to help people with gyno and all you care about is the advertising and money by the looks of it?

Jake
GYNECOMASTIA FREE SINCE: 11/04/2011

TO VIEW MY EXPERIENCE OF SURGERY WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW

Offline puffynipplesdrivemecrazy

• Bronze Member
In all honesty I think it would be great for someone to create a gynecomastia site that isn't interested in making a profit and actually helping and caring for gyno patients.

hammer

I don't know where you get these ideas! There isn't anything wrong with keeping the size of pictures down as they do eat up a lot of space and the owner of this web site has to pay for the amount of space that is needed to provide this site.

I'm sure he would be more then happy to accept your donations!

As far as I know about the doctors, I can't speak to that, but I've never heard any doctor giving bad advice! The doctors that are here have been more then helpful answering post on days that they would not be in normally  in the office such as weekends and holidays!

As far as starting another gynecomastia site there are not any laws stopping you! If you think you can do it better, then go for it! Don't just sit around and cut down the hard work of others, if you think you can do it better, then,  put your money where your mouth is!

Offline puffynipplesdrivemecrazy

• Bronze Member
Hammer I am going to try correct the ops post as I dont feel you have fully grasped it.

I agree, there isn't anything wrong with keeping file sizes down. What is wrong is the blocking of links to photobucket so that gynecomastia patients can share with others. It is also wrong to block established surgeons that have carried out excellent operations that have been posted and shared by patients. If I try to type one in particular (-- <-- theres the filtering system Med1mel) it is automatically filtered. Why do this? numerous reviews have come from this surgeon just on how good she is? Surely we want to share this? Now what I do disagree with is surgeons coming onto here and trying to advertise without contributing to the site owners.

Doctors here are not answering off their own free will. They can use this site to access many new patients, so please dont fool us in saying that they are coming onto here in their own free time. Nothing is free nowadays and this is an excellent place for them to market their surgery skills.

I for one, want a site that will allow sharing of information. Not a site that is driven by money and sponsors. For all we know they could be the worse surgeons for such operation but because they give the site money its okay to have them here? I also see alot of other surgeons creating fake accounts and trying to slate other good surgeons because they are charging less. This is childs play!

Now there are alot of free forums out there that people can setup. We all know that. Having said the above I appreciate what the site is doing, but I completely disagree with the restriction of free information.

I am scheduled to have my Gynecomastia surgery in October and without the help of this forum I would be lost.

I don't know where you get these ideas! There isn't anything wrong with keeping the size of pictures down as they do eat up a lot of space and the owner of this web site has to pay for the amount of space that is needed to provide this site.

I'm sure he would be more then happy to accept your donations!

As far as I know about the doctors, I can't speak to that, but I've never heard any doctor giving bad advice! The doctors that are here have been more then helpful answering post on days that they would not be in normally  in the office such as weekends and holidays!

As far as starting another gynecomastia site there are not any laws stopping you! If you think you can do it better, then go for it! Don't just sit around and cut down the hard work of others, if you think you can do it better, then,  put your money where your mouth is!

hammer

I'm just going to go back to what I said in my first post. If you don't like the choices you have be it a pair of jeans, car, pen to write with or a house to live in build or buy a new one, but in this case we are talking about a web site, so go ahead and develop a new one!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024