Author Topic: Will nipple reduction be sufficient for me?  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Puffnips

• Posting Member

Offline Puffnips

• Posting Member

Offline Puffnips

• Posting Member
Another with me pushing my nip in

Offline Puffnips

• Posting Member

Offline LWS

• Posting Member
There appears to be breast tissue behind the nipple, which would enlarge the areola size.

I'm no doctor but removing the gland tissue would decrease nipple size, but then might require lipo for contouring.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You appear to have puffy nipples and perhaps some additional excess surrounding tissues as well.

Whenever appropriate gyne surgery is performed, the nipple diameter will diminish spontaneously -- there is no need to surgically reduce the areolar diameter.  In fact, attempts to do so frequently lead to a spread areola with objectionable scarring.

Do your research carefully and find an expert in gyne surgery near to you -- or consider traveling if need be.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Puffnips

• Posting Member
You appear to have puffy nipples and perhaps some additional excess surrounding tissues as well.

Whenever appropriate gyne surgery is performed, the nipple diameter will diminish spontaneously -- there is no need to surgically reduce the areolar diameter.  In fact, attempts to do so frequently lead to a spread areola with objectionable scarring.

Do your research carefully and find an expert in gyne surgery near to you -- or consider traveling if need be.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Doc,

Do you think I can accomplish the look of having my nipple reduced to be flush with my chest?

I know it would not be a true gyno surgery but at least I can wear tight shirts and not worry about my nipple popping out

What's ur thoughts?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have puffy nipples.  If you had a reduction of just the nipple and not the areola, I don't think you would be pleased.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Puffnips

• Posting Member
You have puffy nipples.  If you had a reduction of just the nipple and not the areola, I don't think you would be pleased.

Dr Jacobs

Doc from the pics how sever is my gyno?

Offline Puffnips

• Posting Member
Also would the cost be the same as conventional gyno surgery

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are putting the cart before the horse.  You have to sit down with a surgeon and have an examination.  Then the surgeon will advise you of what he has found and make recommendations.  Your input as to what is important will be sought.  And usually a compromise solution will be reached.

Then you can discuss costs with your surgeon.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Puffnips

• Posting Member
You are putting the cart before the horse.  You have to sit down with a surgeon and have an examination.  Then the surgeon will advise you of what he has found and make recommendations.  Your input as to what is important will be sought.  And usually a compromise solution will be reached.

Then you can discuss costs with your surgeon.

Dr Jacobs

Thanks for the insight ...I have managed well with wearing a under armour tank my whole life,I'm in my mid 30's and would love to swim without worrying people would be staring at me

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024