Author Topic: Fat or gynecomastia?  (Read 5205 times)

Offline Rjmryan94

• Posting Member
I am 18 years old, 5'8, and weigh 215.  I've been overweight my whole life.  I don't know what to do.  Will losing weight help my chest area?  Any advice?  Is this gynecomastia? Help!

hammer

It is hard to say! Where's the picture?

Offline Rjmryan94

• Posting Member
you can't see the pic??

hammer

Nope, as I said in your other post, I see others, but not yours.

Offline gyno_ARRGH_awful

• Posting Member
no pi to me either

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I don't need a picture.

The condition is usually described as a surplus of tissue in the breasts of a male. No matter if the tissue is fat, gland, skin, or a combination.

In the past there was an effort to classify people as having either true or pseudo Gynecomatia Based upon how much fat or glandular tissue was present. This wound up being pure folly because the actual finding was usually that there was a mound of fat with glandular tissue threaded through it in most cases.

To further simplify things, the condition is usually self diagnosed. That means that if you think you have it, you do.

Fat tends to act somewhat like a gland in that it is in the fat where Testosterone is converted into Estrogen. Not only is the breast area a normal place for fatty deposits, excess fat leads to increased Estrogen which favors the growth of breast gland tissue.
Grandpa Dan

Offline brighamcalvert

Thanks for sharing information.

Sauce Recipes
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 03:29:11 AM by brighamcalvert »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024