Author Topic: Do i have gynecomastia?  (Read 2330 times)

Offline anonymousman123

• Posting Member
I'm 15, 140 lb, 5'10', and have had these large puffy nipples for 3-4 years now, i have a flabby, fat chest which is weird because im fairly skinny, i think i feel hard lumps under my nipples but they're not sensitive and my nipples dont hurt or anything. Do i have gynecomastia?

Offline anonymousman123

• Posting Member
Someone please respond!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It seems you have what they call Puffy Nipples. Since any excess could be called Gynecomastia, then  yes you have it.

The major question is: How bad is it?

You are the only person who can answer that. It depends upon what effect the condition is having on you. If you can simply ignore it, then it is not bad. If you are constantly embarrassed by it then it is bad.

Second Question is: does it require surgery? The answer is the same as the first question.

Many of us simply live with the condition but that may not be the right answer for you.
Grandpa Dan

Offline anonymousman123

• Posting Member
Yea this is a pretty big problem for me, like huge, but surgery to me seems a bit drastic...is that the only way to get rid of puffy nipples? Can i exercise the fat away and and build muscle in my chest to get rid of it?

Offline thetodd

There is nothing you can do but have the surgery, there is no alternate solution unfortunately.

building muscle will make your nipples more puffy.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline anonymousman123

• Posting Member
oh, surgery wont be an option until im older, im gonna try to get myself around 11% body fat, i think im around 16-17% body fat right now, im just hoping that this is like pseudo gynecomastia. Becuase ive read that some people just have fat under there nipple and got to 10-11% body fat which fixed their puffy nipples.

Offline anonymousman123

• Posting Member
Is what i suggested in my previous comment a plausible answer to my situation?

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
It's smart you're taking care of what you can now. Get that body fat low. Just stay under 14/15% year round. You don't look bad. Get as solid as you can then decide what you want to do after you graduate.

Offline anonymousman123

• Posting Member
Thanks, yea im going to try to lose as much fat as i can!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have puffy nipples -- and the cause is breast tissue under the nipples, not fat. It doesn't matter how it "feels" -- ie soft, or hard, it is breast tissue. And no matter how much weight you lose, the breast tissue will remain.  You will then be faced with a decision:  live with it or have surgery to remove it.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline anonymousman123

• Posting Member
Oh ok, im going to check with my family doctor next week, im going to see what happens.

Offline anonymousman123

• Posting Member
Oh and is there any way to decrease the size or maybe make in unnoticeable temporarily? I've heard about 'diet aid of questionable value', will that work? Or should i just put something like tape on my nipples so it doesn't stick out through my shirt, is it safe to do that?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your best bet would be to wear a snug compression shirt -- that will help.  Would strongly avoid any diet aid or other gimmick -- they serve only to empty your wallet.  And would avoid taping the nipples -- your skin can become inflamed and eventually develop long-term pigmentation due to the constant irritation of the adhesives.

Dr Jacobs

Offline anonymousman123

• Posting Member
Oh ok thanks, might get compression shirts.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024