Author Topic: Left side unbalanced  (Read 2347 times)

Offline blueinokc

• Posting Member
Alright, my left side was slightly larger than the right so I thought it might be a little worse. After I got my drains out within a week my right side looked good besides some bruising, a little extra skin, and then the scab. But my right side is still inverted slightly. It still has bruising and it numb on top of it but I cant feel any bruising. The bottom of my chest has a big hard bruise that the doctor said was normal and to massage. While I was massaging I decided to see why it was still inverted and felt it and kind of massaged. It turns out the top half of the aerola is lower than the bottom half making it go in, and above the aerola to fold in on itself. Just describing it would you go in for a quick touch up to make it flat? It is a minimum of $1000 within the first year. I am 7 weeks post op.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think 7 weeks is far to soon to be critical. 7 months is much more realistic.

Keep in mind that a certain amount of asymmetry is normal,

My left foot is a half size longer than my right foot for example. I'll bet that if you measure carefully one of your ears is longer than the other and higher or lower than the other. We see such things but usually fail to actually take note of them.
Grandpa Dan

hammer

I would second what Paa_Paw  said. Give it more time to fully heal.

As for being asymmetrical I can just about lay some money on it that if you go see a chiropractor he/she will tell you that one of your legs are longer then the other!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There is a huge amount of swelling and healing during the first 3-4 months after surgery.  You cannot, absolutely cannot, make any judgments about the final result at this time.

Be patient, wait and allow for full healing.  Then, if there are some contour problems, you should discuss them with your surgeon.

In the meantime, chill.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024