Author Topic: Compression after revision surgery?  (Read 2869 times)

Offline RbR

Hi all. I originally had an account on here from 2011 when I had gyno surgery, but I've apparently lost the password and had to make a new one.

I had revision surgery ("scar release" surgery) with Dr. Fielding in Toronto 7 days ago.

From my completely uninformed perspective, I'd classify the operation as "minor". However, I'm still a bit swollen and bruised. I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck increasing healing time from their minor revision surgery by wearing the compression garment they are given after the original operation?

Dr. Fielding did not say anything either way about using compression after the operation, nor did he mention a rough estimate for healing time for this type of surgery. I think he does so many operations that he often forgets to sit and chat about post-op concerns a patient may have.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
My instructions did not vary from first surgery to revision. Same protocol. I benefited from it.

I would say however, with the minor revision I had - they seemed a bit less instructional and formal with me - maybe because they figured "he knows this"....and of course I did know. However, I asked before hand about protocols and followed up with nurse via emails afterwards.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024