Author Topic: Surgery Booked with Dr Levick 11th December!  (Read 14298 times)

Offline beast5729

• Posting Member
Hi Guys.... Can i just say a big thank you to all the guys who have posted on here and shared their surgery experiences!
Without it i really doubt i would have booked my surgery!

I have suffered with this horrible condition for as long as i can remember..... maybe 25 years! But until recently i just couldnt afford the surgery. I booked with Dr Levick 10 weeks ago and now i am only 1 week away.... feeling pretty anxious if im honest and a little nervous!

I will keep you all updated as to how things go and hopefully get a few pics up!!

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
You've been suffering as long as me - so will be interesting to follow your progress... Hoping to be able to see Mr Levick before too long myself!

Offline beast5729

• Posting Member
Hi Donut, I have been reading your posts for a while now. Congratulations on getting this far with the saving, its not easy!
I have saved for the past 2 years to get the money together to pay for my surgery.... lets just hope its all worth it in the end! :)

I think i have a moderate case of Gyno, Not as bad as some on here but worse than others, sometimes i ask myself.... do i really need the surgery? but i know in my heart how much impact this condition has had on my life for the past 25 years.... so no backing out now!

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
I'm the same, my case isn't the most severe, but I won't wear a t-shirt in public, haven't been on a beach holiday since I was a kid, no swimming since forced to at school etc. - we all know how normal things everyone else takes for granted can be impossible for us lot!

Careful selection of shirts with chest pockets on, or hoodies with big stitched on logos etc. means I get away 'undetected' I think, and hopefully no-one will know I've had surgery either (when my turn comes!) - just don't think I could be bothered having to explain/justify to everyone who doesn't understand and also most likely say "you didn't need it, waste of money, vanity over nothing" etc.!

Offline beast5729

• Posting Member
Donut..... I can relate to everything you have said !! It has been exactly the same for me. I cant remember the last time i went swimming but i know its a long time ago!
I think one of the big deciding points for me to go ahead with surgery was summer just gone, Most of my friends were absolutely loving it.... and rightly so!! Scorching hot days.... I hated it!!
Seeing my friends sat outside the local pub in T-shirt and shorts... I wanted to be there, but the only way i could do it would be turning up in a sweatshirt or hoodie.... nobody ever really said anything to me... apart from the odd comment like... are you not hot in that top?
Truth was yes i am!!

There were even days when i opened my front door at weekends and it was so hot i thought ... you know what... i'll stay in until this evening so i can then wear a sweatshirt to go out!!
I guess for people reading this who have never had or lived with gyno it must sound like we are crazy!! But the impact on everyday life is massive!

Well on a positive note.... this time next week i should hopefully be gyno free... if everything goes to plan!! :)

Offline darkmagician

• Bronze Member
What time do you have register? I'll be there for 8am so i presume i'll be the first of the day. A good friend of mine also had surgery with Mr Levick and he says there's nothing to be concerned or worried about, the service is fantastic and his results are amazing. Good luck for Wednesday mate!

Offline beast5729

• Posting Member
Hi... I have to be there for 10am! I guess you will be just before me! :)
I felt fine up until today but the nerves are starting to kick in a little now!
Hope everything goes well for you.... keep in touch! Will be nice to talk to someone who had the surgery at the same time. :)

Offline Simba78

• Posting Member
Seriously guys, don't worry.

I had mine last month with Mr Levick. It was a piece of cake. You're in no pain at all, and if you've had any operation before, you know you're alright with the anesthetic.

The only possible twinge you feel is in the first week or so, if you stretch too far, or lunge for something, because you've forgotten you've had an operation. There's no other pain or discomfort or anything else.

Good luck!

Offline beast5729

• Posting Member
Hi Simba.... Thanks for the reassurance! It's good to hear from someone who has been through it! :)

Offline darkmagician

• Bronze Member
Thanks for your words Simba, i'm not worried about the op itself at all, i'm more concerned with having to put up with scar tissue and bruising etc..

Yeah, would be great to track each others progress. I'll have my phone on me tomorrow anyway so no doubt i can log in tomorrow evening and let you all know how it went.

Cheers.

Offline beast5729

• Posting Member
I think my biggest concern is the anesthetic..... ive never been under before so i guess its the unknown!

Im with you on the bruising and scar tissue though.... sounds like we can expect our chest to be all over the place for a few months!! :(
But i guess when we have put up with gyno for 20 odd years... whats a few months of swelling etc.

Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow Dark M..... wont be far behind you!! :) Good look mate!

Offline Vesuvius

• Posting Member
Hey guys, all the best for the ops!! As Simba said, you will be absolutely fine. Levick is fantastic as are the staff at the priory. I had no pain post op and only a bit of discomfort over the following weeks but not even enough to warrant taking Panadol! The worst bit for me was sleeping on my back with the binder on but again, no big deal!

Let us know ow how it goes and we can catch up on here.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
Looking forward to hearing you're on the other side!

Offline beast5729

• Posting Member
Morning Guys..... Thanks for the good wishes and support!
Will keep you updated as to how things go! :)
 I dont have to be at the priory until 10am so im guessing my op will be between 11.30 and 12... Feeling a little nervous but excited too!
Thanks again for all the advice and support!

Offline ScaredGuy

• Posting Member
Hi mate, really best of luck to you and I hope everything turns out just the way you want. It's been life changing for me. I can't believe I can just finish a workout at the gym and then jump in the showers without a care in the world of anyone staring at my chest.

Best of luck my friend.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024