Author Topic: Pseudo? No?  (Read 4202 times)

Offline Rjmryan94

• Posting Member
Pseudo? No?  Surgery needed? 5'8 and 190 pounds, 19 years old

Offline Rjmryan94

• Posting Member
More info - I used to weigh 245 but I've lost a lot of weight through dieting.  Chest has not leaned out as much.  Would toning it through working out be enough? Or is it to glandular and not so fatty?

Offline Rjmryan94

• Posting Member
^ Too**

Offline Rjmryan94

• Posting Member
aww no one's answering/helping me :(

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
Hey so, i used to weight 248 basically the same as you, im 18 years old, All i did to lose weight was diet, but that's not the right way, i wish i exercised from the start.

My chest looked like yours,(saggy loose skin because of rapid weight loss and a bit of fat)now it looks a lot better but there is still some fat remaining, But it's slowly going away, I think you should start running 30-45 minutes a day and doing chest exercises like the bench press,ever since I've been exercising it's looking a lot better man, almost normal just have a bit of fat left.

Diet alone can't really get rid of the stubborn fat, for that you have to exercise.

There could be breast tissue as well, But you should try these tips.

Lower chest fat/love handles/belly fat are usually last places to go
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:14:18 PM by s00ntobe »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As the term is presently used, Gynecomastia consists of a surplus of tissue in the breasts of a male. In the past, some people have attempted to categorize the condition into True and Pseudo versions. According to this, the True Gynecomastia existed if a person had growth of glandular tissue and the Pseudo Gynecomastia existed if it was fatty tissue. The total absurdity is that the condition usually consists of a fatty mound with glandular tissue threaded through it and it is almost impossible to find one kind of tissue and a total absence of the other.

Any surplus of tissue in the breast area of a male is Gynecomastia. It makes no difference if it is fat, gland, or skin. There is no such thing as Pseudo-Gynecomastia.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101